The Money Order Option

HackModford

I'm going to do the money order pretty soon but I want to make sure I DO IT RIGHT

When buying a money order should i get one at the US Postal office or someplace else?
Is there any kind of "insurance" with a money order?

Thanx

(This might help alot of people besides just me)

In the UK, you are given the serial numbers from the money orders (ripped of the money orders themselves), and if the money order isn't cashed, you can claim the money back after so long. However, if someone steals your money order and cashes it, your screwed, as they have no way to proove who cashed it.

I don't know if its the same in the US.

Yeah it's generally the same, make sure you hang on ti any receipt you get as it's the only proof that you made the money order in the event that something goes wonky.

Make sure when you send it that you include a note stating your order number, name, address and Email address as well as stating what you ordered along with the Pandora (if there's anything else ) double check the address you're sending it too and make sure everything is filled out on the MO itself. and is for the ammount you were refunded.

what if I mail the MO through fedex or UPS and put insurance on it and get signature confirmation?

I went with a money order from the local postal office (US Postal office I believe) and then after getting the rest of the information from home I went and mailed it in last week, just got a confirmation today that it had arrived and was matched to my order.

Oh, and I had gotten one in USD for the amount I was refunded if that means much.

P.S. The security on those from the US are basically the same as those in the UK it seems, it's a 60 day waiting period as I recall.

Phawx, I don't know how much that would help but I'm sure it's probably worth the peace of mind.

Hello Frank... awfully short introduction. Concise and to the point. The answer should be too:

Welcome.

Back