GP32 The Gp32X.com Job Office

foxblock

Asleep
Getting a project up and rolling is not that easy, especially when you can't do it on your own and need someone to help you.
This is the place to find that special someone.

You might have a project in mind and you're searching for an additional team member, or you might have some free time at hand and would like to offer your help - you can write it right in here.

Note: This is not a general discussion thread, think of it as a notice board. Posting using the templates provided only, and if you'd like to make contact with someone, do so via PM. You're also encouraged to start a new thread for your project; that's what this new subforum is for!

To keep the thread organized and easy to read I am offering you these templates, which you can copy and fill out with personal data:

If you're looking for help:

Project info: Information about the project you are working on, project website, links to graphics, design documents (if available)
Scope/timeframe of the project: How long will it approximately take until completion
I am looking for: What should the person be capable of doing, what will his/her job be on the project? How much will the person have to do?
Target System: Which system(s) are you developing for?
Additional information: Fill this out with additional information

Template code:
Code:
[b]Status:[/b] [color="#ff0000"][b]SEARCHING[/b][/color]
[b]Project info:[/b] 
[b]Scope/timeframe of the project:[/b] 
[b]I am looking for:[/b] 
[b]Target System:[/b] 
[b]Additional information:[/b]

If you're offering help:

I can: Write about your qualities and experience levels, include a link to your portfolio or previous projects you have worked on.
Availability: How much time do you have at your hands to work on something? will that change in the future?
I am looking for: What type of project are you looking for or do you have any preferences at all?
Target System: Which target system(s) can/want you work for?
Additional information: Fill this out with additional information

Template code:
Code:
[b]Status:[/b] [color="#0000ff"][b]OFFERING[/b][/color]
[b]I can:[/b] 
[b]Availability:[/b] 
[b]I am looking for:[/b] 
[b]Target System:[/b] 
[b]Additional information:[/b]

Please update your post when your status changes to DONE
Code:
[b]Status:[/b] [color="#00ff00"][b]DONE[/b][/color]

Remember, please keep the discussion out of this thread and reply via PM.

For comments and critique about the templates feel free to contact me via PM.

Thank you,

foxblock out

Just a reminder to treat this thread as a notice board only, and to post only using the templates provided. Any discussion should be done via PM or a new thread, to keep this thread clean and easy to browse. :)

I can: Test your stuff (webpage, game, application, etc.). I have experience as a program and game developer and already done testing for several Pandora community projects such as Wars (a game by B-Zar), The Box and recently milkshake's new repo. Therefore I have experience in how to generate and spot bugs as well as give advice on how to fix them.
Availability: Usually pretty high, I have to write exams every now and then though, which will make my time scarce. In general I am always available to test smaller projects - I can't test a full blown RPG for you in-depth (at least not in a short time).
I am looking for: Anything actually, I am happy to help :)
Target System: Any, but I don't have the hardware to do native tests. I however have a Linux (Ubuntu 10.10) and Windows (7) environment set-up. (and a Pandora soon... probably)
Additional information: Just shoot me a PM if you are in need of a tester. Don't feel bad to pester me when I don't reply initially, I tend to forget stuff after a while not thinking about it.

I can: My main interest is in the conceptual development of a game. I believe that even the simplest-looking platformer can benefit immensely from a nice storyline / script. I am willing to try to help in this direction. Unfortunately, I don't think I can help with programming (I have a solid background in scientific programming and know the relevant basics of a dozen languages, but this is a totally different world...). Also, I have been making electronic music for more than 15 years as an amateur, although I have also produced stuff for theater, TV and albums and I have also mastered a couple of CDs, so maybe I can help with the audio design of a project.
Availability: Several hours per week, although with a high risk of postponing things, courtesy of real life™
I am looking for: People who want to make a game with a nice and unconventional story and possibly cool music (the game 'Braid' comes to mind as a representative example).
Target System: I have a Pandora and I can test programs on it.
Additional information: Development contests aside, I would really love to participate in the making of a cool game. I may not be the most active participant in the project, but I hope I can add a few touches of niceness to a project. By the way, I am a physicist and am interested in the popularization of quantum mechanics, just in case someone is thinking in this direction.

Status: OFFERING (currently tied up with a project, unless it's something really simple)
I can: Draw, animate and write music. I also own a Pandora, so I can do a bit of testing (though it's not primarily what I'm looking for). For an overview of my animations, see here. For painting/spritework, I'd like to do something in the artstyle of this image, because I like painting in that style... I think it could work for a sprite game at a high resolution like the Pandora's. Regarding music, a few songs can be downloaded here, but I don't have experience with chiptunes or music that loops, so it may not be suitable for games. Willing to learn, though.
Availability: Until September, I'm fairly free.
I am looking for: Preferably something a little strange and wonder-filled. I don't know, maybe a platformer, or an adventure game.
Target System: Pandora (so I can play it)
Additional information: Please PM me if interested.

I can: Port games to Pandora.
Availability: I do have my own projects and real life, but I tend to priorize help over personal project. As long as you dont expect thing for the next day, I can be you man ;)
I am looking for: Sure I do have a preferance for action-rpg and shmup, but ultimatly my goal is to wider the pandora's game library
Target System: Pandora
Additional information: I'm willing to work only on Pandora specific change. I'm open to open and close sources project. If you want to keep your source closed, it will stay this way with me ;)

Back