The Gp2x And Wind And Water Go To The Gdc!

Yuan

Still Fresh
Hi, everyone!

Every year the IGF awards innovation in gaming, but for the first time mobile and handheld games are eligible, and Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles has been nominated as a finalist in the Inaugural IGF Mobile Competition!

IGF08_finalist.gif

Click here to see the IGF Moblie finalists!

All of the finalists will be showing their games at the IGF Pavilion during Game Developers Conference held in San Francisco on February 2008, and of course, we will be there showcasing the GP2X with our game! For those who don't know, the GDC is the largest annual gathering of professional video game developers.

We were nominated in the Audio Achievement category, along with Critter Crunch for Java and Drawn to Life for the Nintendo DS. We hope we're lucky enough to obtain one of the inaugural prices, but even if we don't, because of this the GP2X has raised much interest among a big part of the industry that didn't really know its potential (or even that it existed)!

Also, we have updated our website with a new BBS, because we would love to have your feedback on the official W&W website. It's located here!

We would like to take this chance to thank all current (and future) Wind and Water players all over the world for your continuous support!

Anyone going to the GDC, be sure to drop by our stand for some W&W matches! :D

Great news. You deserve a prize for your good work.

Regards,
Stephan

It's great to see a GP2X game hit the spotlight, and to have its talented creators get the recognition they deserve :) I hope you'll win, good luck!

Agreed, I hope you win. You have one hellava game. The most captivating puzzle game I've played since the old school tetris days..thank you for all the hard work.

I am a CA at this years GDC and will be working at the IGF awards as I did in 2006. As a proud member of this community and a member of the GDC, I wish you luck as your game is just so damn polished.

Oh yeah, all finalist will be seated at the VIP area with other established developers, I had to work in that area and it is sooo awesome, and the after parties....man don't get too drunk. lol.

I now wish I was going to GDC, I decided there were other Game Dev events I could go to, but I wish you luck. I will tell my fellow instructors to visit you while they are there.

Thanks for the nice comments!

I didn't know about the VIP area!! This is gonna be so cool :D

We'll try our best to show everybody our game and the potential the GP2X has! Anybody who wants to drop by and visit us we look almost exactly as our sprites in Wind and Water ;)

I tested my pad mod and the results are in my save already uploaded, can't wait to see it on the rankings. this game is simply my most played game on the gp2x :) tnx I wish the best for you at GDC.

As a side note, Shinra, I have to say you are absolutely insane. Top Rankings
Click on Shinra to see his ridiculous stats...

58260 Total Yuan Points!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You could be a Yuan Works virtual stock holder.

You also managed to rank me out of Hi Chain, and pushed me to third on Hi Time Chain...

But I still have the World's highest Time Combo at 195 :D Mwahahahaha!!!! (Goes running towards GP2X to make better records.)

Man, people are getting really good at this game, which is both an honor for us, and an huge invitation to make a big tournament!!!

Back