The Email Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kloplop321

Psychotic Trans-dimensional Being
Website
kloplop321.com
can we be guaranteed that we will be emailed on preorder day?
No emails yet ever pertaining to progress, I do check on the site and I am a regular here, but I would like immediate notification when it is available to the hour :)

Kloplop321 said:
can we be guaranteed that we will be emailed on preorder day?
No emails yet ever pertaining to progress, I do check on the site and I am a regular here, but I would like immediate notification when it is available to the hour :)
That's an impossible guarantee. Even if they sent it out, and there was absolutely no problems on their end, there's no delivery guarantee for the servers in between. It may take a few seconds to reach you. If an intermediate server is under a lot of load for some reason, it may take an hour. If something goes horribly wrong, it could take a day or worse: the message may be lost! Just like the real post, all Craig et al can do is put a stamp on it and send it out: it's up to the intermediate couriers to get it to you in a reasonable time.
It has been said that test emails of some kind will go out to the list prior to the preorder, though. That should alleviate most of your concerns, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:
zxxgp said:
Kloplop321 said:
I mean that he would do it in the first place :p not that it would get here.

Why would he not do it???
Exactly. The devs thought they would sink thousands into the project and not send the emails? Perhaps they aren't quite ready to send them yet? As soon as they send emails the board goes bananas and then starts assumptions one way or the other...

I think the team applying the term "community handheld" or whatever to the Pandora was a mistake

PoisonedV said:
I think the team applying the term "community handheld" or whatever to the Pandora was a mistake
Totally agree.

If without email, you can pretty much guarantee that as soon as pre-ordering is available, it'll be on here and on the front page :)

Squidge said:
If without email, you can pretty much guarantee that as soon as pre-ordering is available, it'll be on here and on the front page :)
and every thread, and every signature...

craigix said:
It will be sent tonight, or to avoid time zone issues, before I go to bed.

You know 3/4 of this forum cannot sleep before you do tonight? :p

but YAY!!!!!!!

edit: spelling

craigix said:
Probably going to be a test email tomorrow night.
In before forum flood of idiots asking for pre-orders.

craigix said:

Quick, somebody get him a Horlicks so we can get this done at a sensible hour. ;)

craigix said:
OK, thanks. I would like to know it works. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back