The Discussion HyperCube - Now in 4D!

I watched the start of Dead Set and I've seen some Nathan Barley which he co-wrote but it wasn't really my thing. I am not so certain it was the writing that was the issue though more the general premise for each so I would give his stuff another chance.

blackalice said:
4D. Clearly powered by a PS3, right?

Clearly, the PS3 is the only console powerful enough to render 3D images that also vary over time.
So, "3d animation" has been marked up to "4D graphics"
"Web hosting" is now "cloud computing"
"Cell phones" are also "mobiles" or "handsets"

My laptop is so plain... I'm going to continue to run Ubuntu and call it a "free software-based mobile desktop with an integrated UPS system"

Technically, I find pleasure in busying myself with software specifically designed to serve as a medium for cutting-edge modern entertainment through a 5D-world simulation, passing through a projected 2+1D continuum heavily controlled by the butterfly effect and the flux streams going on inside my central nerve system that are expressed through various modern mechanical devices and appliances controlled by an advanced matrix system that is converted into various electric signals that then are injected into this 5D system, and with additional control shared over the interwebs with other such instances of concentrated thought, where these instances spend their time with controlling further instances of similar outward complexity as the primary instances previously mentioned, but with far simpler intelligence systems, where the purpose of it all most of the time is to gain what is called a general advantage over the instances in this world classified as 'hostile', from which an event is risen, deciding the terminal outcome of this deterministic 5D world simulation.

tl;dr: I enjoy playing RTS games.

BTW, apropos Ubuntu: The new version is out, very disappointed, oh well, at least they tried.

dflemstr said:
Technically, I find pleasure in busying myself with software specifically designed to serve as a medium for cutting-edge modern entertainment through a 5D-world simulation, passing through a projected 2+1D continuum heavily controlled by the butterfly effect and the flux streams going on inside my central nerve system that are expressed through various modern mechanical devices and appliances controlled by an advanced matrix system that is converted into various electric signals that then are injected into this 5D system, and with additional control shared over the interwebs with other such instances of concentrated thought, where these instances spend their time with controlling further instances of similar outward complexity as the primary instances previously mentioned, but with far simpler intelligence systems, where the purpose of it all most of the time is to gain what is called a general advantage over the instances in this world classified as 'hostile', from which an event is risen, deciding the terminal outcome of this deterministic 5D world simulation.

tl;dr: I enjoy playing RTS games.

BTW, apropos Ubuntu: The new version is out, very disappointed, oh well, at least they tried.
The dust theme does look rather nice, mind you.

blackalice said:
dflemstr said:
The dust theme does look rather nice, mind you.
I'm just annoyed at how many things needed reconfiguring to work on my laptop after updating...

I know what you mean PokeParadox, but isn't it the same with any OS upgrade? I guess that's why they keep support for the older versions for a bit more.

On another note, damn I miss GP32X.

I don't get it, why should we still post on GP32X? This board can replace it if only everyone migrates asap. No use in using the old board except for nostalgia.

A lot of people see this as a place for the Pandora, and nothing else.

We are posting in GP32X untill openXile is sorted out.
Goodbye

I'm worried what'll happen when openXile opens up. I've got nothing against it in particular, it's just that it looks like this forum is going to be populated by Pandora people and moderated by Pandora devs, and openXile will be moderated by Wiz devs and populated with Wiz people. It looks as if this will widen the already wide rift between the consoles. :(

arrrgh said:
I'm worried what'll happen when openXile opens up. I've got nothing against it in particular, it's just that it looks like this forum is going to be populated by Pandora people and moderated by Pandora devs, and openXile will be moderated by Wiz devs and populated with Wiz people. It looks as if this will widen the already wide rift between the consoles. :(
If by 'rift' you mean seperate forums, then it's a 'rift' which should have been there in the beginning.

*smacks head into the keyboard*
There is no rift, although you are encouraging one. Gyaargh, I don't care where to board is as long as it's one board and it has the gp32x guys there.
Stop all this stupid politics, if I wanted to see lame drama I'd watch Eastenders,etc...

PokeParadox said:
There is no rift, although you are encouraging one. Gyaargh, I don't care where to board is as long as it's one board and it has the gp32x guys there.
Stop all this stupid politics, if I wanted to see lame drama I'd watch Eastenders,etc...
I didn't see this coming. One night I turned off my computer, the next I turned it on an suddenly there was 7 pages of drama, 2 new forums and 1 angry Orkie.

arrrgh said:
PokeParadox said:
I didn't see this coming. One night I turned off my computer, the next I turned it on an suddenly there was 7 pages of drama, 2 new forums and 1 angry Orkie.
Yeah, what a situation...

@dflemstr: Yeah, but that's the point: not everyone is moving yet... wich means that the community is splitting, well at least I will keep an eye on both sides until it is decided that this is the best place. :wink:

Edit: Whoops! Didn't see the second page! LOL

Edit2:
arrrgh said:
PokeParadox said:

That's exactly the same I thought, what an unexpected turn of events...

Back