The Crunchpad Is No More

Damn! I was really looking forward to the Crunchpad coming out. Would have bought one on launch day.
Not sure this is the end, though, I have a suspicion that FusionGarage might change their minds in the near future.

Too many cooks.

If anyone has Michael Arringtons personal contact details could you PM them to me, or ask him if you can. I'd like to speak to him if he's interested.

No, I just fancy talking to him about his situation. We avoided the things he did with the fear exactly what happened to him would happen to us.

A good move it seems.

craigix said:
No, I just fancy talking to him about his situation. We avoided the things he did with the fear exactly what happened to him would happen to us.

A good move it seems.

I agree, if you drop over to Brussels for whatever reason let me know, I'll shout you a few beers.

Edit: by the way, never thought about writing something up about this adventure when it's over?

Last edited by a moderator:
Polossatik said:
craigix said:

A good move it seems.

I agree, if you drop over to Brussels for whatever reason let me know, I'll shout you a few beers.

Edit: by the way, never thought about writing something up about this adventure when it's over?
He said that he would, but that was a year ago if I remember correctly. I hope that's still the plan, though. I'd love to read it.

Polossatik said:

I was in Brussels yesterday. Your airport sucks :/

Polossatik said:
Exophase said:

yep, it does... we prefer to concentrate on beer... :p

That's my plan at any airport: find the bar, get in a couple of drinks before the flight. It helps me not get so aggravated with the whole 'flying experience.'

Exophase said:
Polossatik said:

I've been told it has this awesome Tintin rocket model, though...

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/crunchpad-being-shown-off-next-week-by-fusion-garage-04-12-2009/

they would be continuing the development of the tablet without Michael Arrington and his team.

Now Fusion Garage CEO Chandra Rathakrishnan has announced that he will be demonstrating the tablet at a special event in San Francisco on Monday.

So yeah, Cruchpad will still be around, it just wont be called with that awesome name.

I just don't get the appeal of this device, it's not something I would buy. Years ago this would have been cool but at this point it's not that appealing.

How the hell that thing cost $3million to make I'll never understand, and now they are looking for MORE funding? And it has been made in Asia?

I suspect a lot of that 3mill went on someones bonus.

craigix said:
How the hell that thing cost $3million to make I'll never understand, and now they are looking for MORE funding? And it has been made in Asia?

i would have bought it for 200 dollar. not for a sick 500 dollar.

fuck joo joo, i wanna have crunchpad.

craigix said:

thats how gizmondo did it ;) missed the trick on that one Criagix

Back