The comepletely theoretical pandora related feasibility thread .

2bit

Hey all you folks out there in the great blue beyond , how feasible would it be to Jerry - rig a go pro into a 1/10 scale helicopter then use a Pandora's touch screen to control the camera and the joysticks and buttons to fly the helicopter ? And then on top of that add a trapdoor to drop stuff out of and then take one of those remote control Airsoft tanks and rip out the Airsoft gun part put it on the helicopter then control the gun with an Arduino dongle being told when to fire by the same pandora ?

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you planning on getting video back to the pandora?

What sort of radio would you use?

Seriously worth a try, though.

I think putting an arduino fio in a cheap RC car, and plugging one of these into your pandora, might be a good start

You can get little micro-wifi hubs that fit on an Arduino, which can be used to control motors or whatever. So the Pandora joins the wifi of the model itself, which has a webcam (stream it), can receive controller/nub updates over wifi, &etc.

I've seen these advertised in RC/Modelling mags, anyway .. I'll see if I can find an actual device for sale. Seems to me that seeedstudio might have something, dunno ..

Or, this approach: http://www.jbprojects.net/projects/wifirobot/

Well one thing . I'd probably need a decent soldering iron first . Ok 2 things and fat wallet ... well I was going to work on it with a friend ... This may be good distraction from my education .

Well one thing . I'd probably need a decent soldering iron first . Ok 2 things and fat wallet ... well I was going to work on it with a friend ... This may be a good distraction from my education .

This may be a good education .
ftfy

Projects involving pandoras, arduinos, radio, wireless video and programming, teach far more useful skills to the kind of person found on these boards that geography and modern foreign languages as taught in schools

Linux-SWAT : why ?! ;)

Binky : in my social studies class we get extra credit for coloring , coloring pages of famous explorers . Ussally I just wright the names of obscure Beatles songs and current first person shooters on the faces of those like Captain John Smith .

Sorry spelling isn't the highest of my priorieties , but seeing as how you teach I see how that would bug you .

^^

Not especially worried for me, more for the boards étiquette ;^).

You can change it using the "more reply options"

^^ I was on the mobile version when I typed it . And as I'm typing this I'm on the mobile version . In fact I ussally use the mobile version - I find its more streamlined and thus better for a quick response like this one . I fixed the spelling now though . I also think I'm comepletely missing the point of this online conversing activity . But that don't matter I also suspect I am comepletely missing the point of what and why the Beatles are dressing up as on the cover of " The Magical Mystery Tour " . I also describe my life as being one big huge wtf moment because it will be normal and quiet and then up pops a humongous WTF ?!?! Then it goes back to its normal and quiet ways . Then again with the WTF ?!?! .

Wash rinse repeat . Wash rinse repeat the repeat .

Peat ( yes the stuff the Irish burn ) and repeat were in a boat . Repeat fell out . Who fell out ?

Back