Text To Speech

DrLGR

I've been trying to figure out if the Pandora will have TTS out of the box, or if it will be something that needs to be added. I don't have any experience with TTS, but from what I can find, Festival is included in a handful of linux builds. Is it, or something else, already in the Pandora build? Does Festival, or whatever is, or could be, there work with all programs, like the ebook readers?

I'm thinking it would be nice to be able to have my Pandora read me bedtime stories, or when I'm in the car commuting to work each day.

If the Pandora doesn't have a TTS native, would anyone be interested in PNDing one (wrong section for this request, but it fit with the rest of the post.)

Thanks

LGR

It's not out of the box, I needed to install flite from the repository. I can look into PNDing it, but I'm not certain how that would make any sense in this case.

Flite is a fair TTS engine, but in all honestly it sounds a bit to 1980's for me. I'm working on a way to bring the full Festival engine to the Pandora, but it's a bit far down on my to-do list at the moment.

Back