Text Files

Reading a book on the gp2x is fine. I've read King Solomon's Mines and The Picture of Dorian Grey on my gp2x. You might want to try the alternative viewer that was just released. Formatting text files for the original reader can be a pain.

donny662 posted on Apr 14 2006 at 05:51 PM said:
Reading a book on the gp2x is fine. I've read King Solomon's Mines and The Picture of Dorian Grey on my gp2x. You might want to try the alternative viewer that was just released. Formatting text files for the original reader can be a pain.
Alternative viewer?

Last edited by a moderator:
heh ive read a few books on my 2x here are the ones i remember :
endymion
the rise of endymion
the neutronium alchemist

there might be others but i cant remember lol, i read alot and pretty fast so its not big deal

donny662 posted on Apr 15 2006 at 05:43 PM said:
your local library or bookstore.

my local library doesnt have audiobooks, and there is no local bookstore. obviously, i was asking for locations of websites where i can download audiobooks and put them on my 2x, why you gotta be a dick and try to be a smart ass? seriously?

EBooks rule, I picked up dozens once I got my GP2X :) All the classics I've always wanted to read. Also, Project Gutenburg also has an audiobook of the time machine, recommended!

I am going to look for an index I had. It had many, many books. But - I will PM you to see if you are interest, granted I find it.

Ravnos posted on Apr 15 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
Alternative viewer?
gp2x VText
Though, I've haven't tried it myself yet.

Paradox posted on Apr 15 2006 at 06:29 PM said:
donny662 posted on Apr 15 2006 at 05:43 PM said:
your local library or bookstore.

my local library doesnt have audiobooks, and there is no local bookstore. obviously, i was asking for locations of websites where i can download audiobooks and put them on my 2x, why you gotta be a dick and try to be a smart ass? seriously?
I'm saying that you probably won't be able to find a good size collection of free audiobooks for download at a legitimate website unless they are read by a computer. If you want to find a pay site for downloading audiobooks, a simple google search should bring up audible.com and many others. And, I'm sorry, I didn't know you lacked a local bookstore :rolleyes: .

donny662 posted on Apr 16 2006 at 02:35 PM said:
Ravnos posted on Apr 15 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
Alternative viewer?
gp2x VText
Though, I've haven't tried it myself yet.
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know about that. :)

Paradox posted on Apr 14 2006 at 10:11 PM said:
im too lazy to squint at my screen to read ebooks, anyone know some good places for /good/ audiobooks?

You can find some really good free audiobooks at http://podiobooks.com
You have to register but it's free. They have a good selection of sci-fi/fantasy books. Some great (free) ones I have listened to:
Earthcore
Ancestore
Infection (in progress)
The Pocket and the Pendant
Nogglestones
Amerindian 2192

Do a google search for podcast audiobooks and/or podiobooks.

Also, some good free sci-fi stories can be had at http://escapepod.info

Back