Target level of Emulation/Ported games for Pandora 2..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
I guess this one is directed at Craig, do you have specific things in mind you'd like to see..?

I appreciate to a large extent it depends on the skill of the people coding the emu's and doing the ports, but it would be interesting to hear what sort of level you're shooting for.

I'm guessing we'd be OK with full speed N64, but how about Dreamcast, Saturn & some of my holy grails such as TES Morrowind, Arx Fatalis..?

They will attempt to get Dreamcast running on the 1ghz unit, for the P2 DC is a given.

For the P2 goals are most likely Windows XP, and many of the games that require Windows XP, Saturn, the entire Dos library, and maybe Gamecube .

TES Morrowind

45Z0V.jpg

Morrowind portable do want.

breathinginbag.jpg

*calms down* I'd like to know if this would be possible as well thanks. :)

They will attempt to get Dreamcast running on the 1ghz unit, for the P2 DC is a given.

For the P2 goals are most likely Windows XP, and many of the games that require Windows XP, Saturn, the entire Dos library, and maybe Gamecube .

Wow really, I had no idea they were aiming that high .. has any of the team actually stated as much.?

And out of interest what level of XP games are we talking about.?

What we do know from Craig about the P2 is that it will have the best available hardware and cost $699.

People will expect a lot of bang for that much buck.

If the targeted release date is 2013 it would seem likely that P2 will be based around the ARM Cortex A15, a quick google told me that this will be the best available Arm SOC in 2013.

Based on this, my wild speculation would be that we'd expect to see early XP stuff running pretty well via Qemu & 'perfect' emulation up to Dreamcast. Doubt we'd see a Saturn emulator as AFAIK there still isn't a decent Saturn Emulator currently available, even for Windows.

However, I've no idea what the A15 is really capable of, though there should be phones / tablets running some variant of the A15 this year, so we shouldn't have too long to wait to find out.

Im confident that the p2's awesomeness will be reflected in the high price.It's crystallised with me after something craig said that OP should move forward with high cost,exclusive luxury items in smallish batches that drive demand.A bit like bosch etc.Though it's eminently possible that sales of a device ie p2 could accelerate beyond what they initially envision and they may move into the hundreds of thousands with time.I think with the new website coming and such there is a hell of a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't see.the joining of eds and craigs orders into a centralised account is a sensible move.i hope OP can get a good steady head of steam going from here on in.

@ Sony Could be on the cards maybe!!Dreamcast might happen on the 1ghz who knows but it's a cert for p2 id hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamecube?Maybe i could finish metroid on it.50% and i got stuck on the notorious phazon mines.Bhoo hoo.Halo on the xbox happened and i never got back to it.!2 hours of co-op halo was the longest i played with a friend.what a game that was.

We'll just have to wait and see then.

Gamecube ?

Brings back good memories about emulating the nintendo DS on the actual pandora.

Here's hoping.

Gamcube emulation is pretty wel optimized, way more then ps2 emulation is.

Ive seen people running gamecube games on a single core 1.5 ghz processor with a shitty video chip.

The only thing i dont know, is how well it ports to GLES.

I am pretty sure something decent can be pulled off on a pocket sized screen without too much bells en whistles, and windows xp should be a cakewalk for the p2.

Wii is a bit too tough ofcourse.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense but f...ck the wii!!! i hate it!! I hate it!!!Came home drunk? play the wii its not like the controller is actually f...ckin accurate anyways plus the wii actually seems like so much fun until you wake up the next morning still clutching the controller and attempt to operate the telly with it!!!!

Make sure it has a nice fast wifi connection and some emulation could be done with remote connection to a computer (PS2 and maybe saturn with a PC with nice fat specs), you could use this to play pc games too, portal 2......

I surely hope for DC running well at least, some crazy taxi and sonic adventure on the pandora, make the modem work with the wifi and phantasy star online.

sorry i was dreaming a bit there.

Back