Switching shortcuts on Pandora keyboard

AnimatedFreak

Very Active Member
Hello, I wasn't 100% sure where to put this.

Is there a way to change the ¥£€ on the Pandora keyboard to åäö.

I'm from Sweden and I use åäö a lot. I know there are short cuts like (shift+Enter > Fn > " > a = ä) However they are a pain to use when wanting to type fast and I don't use ¥£€ that much. So if I could put something else there that would be great.

If anyone know of a way to do that please tell. :3

Tjenare!

Slaeshjag has made a nice .xmodmap-file that puts åäö on Fn+OPL, which is neat. However, lately (probably due to some Xorg update), there has been problems writing uppercase ÖÄ, since for some reason the input shift-F11 and shift-F12 is not recognized in the proper way.

However, it is really just a case of moving stuff around a bit. Give me a day or two, and I'll have a .xmodmap with åäö on the currency signs.

Tjenare!

Slaeshjag has made a nice .xmodmap-file that puts åäö on Fn+OPL, which is neat. However, lately (probably due to some Xorg update), there has been problems writing uppercase ÖÄ, since for some reason the input shift-F11 and shift-F12 is not recognized in the proper way.

However, it is really just a case of moving stuff around a bit. Give me a day or two, and I'll have a .xmodmap with åäö on the currency signs.
Thank you, that would work ^_^

Actually, it was faster than I though. Lets see if I can put this up here:

This file (sveXmodmap.txt) is a slight modification of Slaeshjags earlier file. Put this on an SD-card, open a terminal, cd to /media/<your SD-card> and type

sudo xmodmap sveXmodmap.txt

...and if I haven't typed this up wrong, you'll now be able to type åäö with ¥£€ (in that order. that is, å is on ¥, and so on).

You'll get the capitals the usual way - shift-¥ (that is, fn-shift-L) makes Å

Note that the ordinary terminal is unable to show åäö straight out of the box, but open up mousepad or anything else which is at least a little more compliant, and it'll work fine.

sveXmodmap.txt

Attachments

• sveXmodmap.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 137
Actually, it was faster than I though. Lets see if I can put this up here:

This file (sveXmodmap.txt) is a slight modification of Slaeshjags earlier file. Put this on an SD-card, open a terminal, cd to /media/<your SD-card> and type

sudo xmodmap sveXmodmap.txt

...and if I haven't typed this up wrong, you'll now be able to type åäö with ¥£€ (in that order. that is, å is on ¥, and so on).

You'll get the capitals the usual way - shift-¥ (that is, fn-shift-L) makes Å

Note that the ordinary terminal is unable to show åäö straight out of the box, but open up mousepad or anything else which is at least a little more compliant, and it'll work fine.
Thank you sooo much ^_^ it works great! :D  

Might be worth noting that this does not survive a reboot - After a reboot, you need to run the sudo line again.

To have it always use that keymap, you need to copy that file to, uh...

I'll get back to you on that. /senile

Yep, that's true. And if it was me, who is overly cautious, I'd do something like

mv ~/.pndXmodmap  ~/.oldpndXmodmap
cp sveXmodmap.txt ~/.pndXmodmap

...assuming that I am in the same directory where I was before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back