Switching on and off (pulling hair out)

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
Could somebody tell me in simple terms how to switch my Pandora on and off?

If I do shutdown from the xfce menu, it shuts down but after that nothing I do starts it up again, expect plugging the power cable in?!?

I tried setting the 'lid settings' to 'shutdown' too - which seems to do nothing different?

My power button doesn't seem to do much at all - is that normal?

Moving the power slider to the right should start it back up. I would assume this is some sort of hardware problem as moving the hardware switch should always turn it on. Except in cases where the battery is completely run down.

I've got plenty of battery - I wonder if the switch is duff? Is there anyway to test it via the software?
Yeah the Pandora input tester(in the system category of the xfce menu) will show the button state and show if it's working or not.. However since my button is working, I see the state change for a second before it goes into low power mode. 

EDIT: poorly formed sentence. think it's slightly better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could somebody tell me in simple terms how to switch my Pandora on and off?

If I do shutdown from the xfce menu, it shuts down but after that nothing I do starts it up again, expect plugging the power cable in?!?

I tried setting the 'lid settings' to 'shutdown' too - which seems to do nothing different?

My power button doesn't seem to do much at all - is that normal?
Your power button might just be stiff. Using the  nail on your finger/thumb apply a little pressure there and it should be ok after that. Some times the paint or case can cause such things.

Back