Suspend Ram To Disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyx

Still Fresh
Fisrt.. excuse me if it has alreaby been asked, I have started following the pandora discussions recently so that could have already been told (I tried a search on the forum but had no luck).

Now.. will the Pandora feature the suspend ram to disk option, like the PSP? I think that that is really a great feature, expecially to play long games like adventures or rpgs. I know most emulators have save states.. but that would apply to other games too, and would be incredibly quicker.

Welcome!

Indeed, it has been answered in several topics.
For example:
Chip said:
According to Craigix, Pandora will have 2 suspend modes, as well being able to fully shut down (obviously). You will be able to suspend to RAM (sleep) as well as suspend to disk (hibernate). Apparently the system RAM uses so little power in sleep mode that they are estimating the device could remain in sleep mode for several days before the battery runs out. It could obviously hibernate indefinitely.

Craigix has also expressed a desire to allow the user to determine which of these modes Pandora enters when the lid is closed or the power button pressed, just like a laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back