Support Docs

Mr_Munk

Website
www.notofficial.co.uk
Hey,

I'm using a Mac compiler with a text editor for my fenix 'ide' so I haven't got font colouring, help docs etc. I downloaded XML Commands and Language ref files from the official Fenix page, which won't work with my browser and I got a pdf version of the commands and language refs from Flamebird but they are fairly incomplete.

I'm not sure if I am missing something, but I had to search the boards to find out the syntax for an array :blink: Is there better docs somewhere? I don't really want to have to go to the internet every time and or translate chunks of the spanish online docs...

Doesn't really help with syntax for say data types, though... Or am I just being stupid ? (I have looked through this page quite hard...) and I could do with an offline solution, maybe I could grab the page with an offline browser...

While I'm here is there a way of making a double buffer in Fenix ? Scratch that, I just figured it out...I think...

Heh, so I can't get to the bottom of double buffers in Fenix, but what is really troubling me is how to use pointers in Fenix, does someone have the syntax for assignment, referencing, dereferencing etc ?

Heh, so I can't get to the bottom of double buffers in Fenix, but what is really troubling me is how to use pointers in Fenix, does someone have the syntax for assignment, referencing, dereferencing etc ?

They don't exist. Can you believe that :p .

You initialise arrays like that:

arrayname[x]; where x is the size of the array.
(example: score[10]; )

and you passing a variable into an array by doing this:

arrayname[y]=z; where y is the index number where the variable gets stored. (remember: y<=x, example: score[1]=highscore;)

Hope that is what you wanted to know.

If you want to store names, letters, etc., do so:

string arrayname[x];
string z;

z="blabla"
arrayname[y]=z;

On initialization it expects a constant value yeah, normally a number, but constants work too of course(as they are simply replaced with the corresponding number by the compiler).

erm you should have contacted me before, cause there are some limitations/rules you have to follow so it can be implemented into the project.

Yeah, that's no worries, if it takes too much fuxxing around to make it work, I'll just 'donate' it to the file archive as sourcecode or whatever... I'm using this as a way to see what Fenix is up to, I didn't want to tell you I was going to make a game and then realise that I was no good at coding Fenix :lol:

Back