Super Mario War Port?

iJeff

Still Fresh
I'd like to see the game Super Mario War ported to the Pandora, it is open source and a fully multiplayer game experience. Gaming platforms are nothing without a good multiplayer, social, experience.

Super Mario War is a Super Mario multiplayer game.
The goal is to stomp as many other Marios as possible to win the game.
It's a tribute to Nintendo and the game Mario War by Samuele Poletto.

The game uses artwork and sounds from Nintendo games. We hope that this noncommercial fangame qualifies as fair use work. We just wanted to create this game to show how much we adore Nintendo's characters and games.

Sourcecode and Game Download: http://smw.72dpiarmy.com/?q=download

gameplay_1_5.jpg

It's already been ported to the GP2x. It's not fast, but it proves that porting SMWar shouldint be that hard.

Although IDK if it will run full speed or not. As I recall, the GP2X version was REALLY slow...

Classic Team said:
It's already been ported to the GP2x. It's not fast, but it proves that porting SMWar shouldint be that hard.

Although IDK if it will run full speed or not. As I recall, the GP2X version was REALLY slow...

How did the multiplayer gameplay function on it?

Neat! That looks pretty cool!

Too bad they used SMA:SMB3 graphics, I prefer SMW

Anyway, yeah, that looks awesome, I'd love to see a port.

Its possible.
But the Pandora is attracting Ninty's attention (they announced/are releasing the DS Lite i, ahead of their original schedule!)

Which means, the ANY TRANSACTIONS for this game, are punishable by death, or even worse a law-suit from nintendo.

Antoligy said:
Its possible.
But the Pandora is attracting Ninty's attention (they announced/are releasing the DS Lite i, ahead of their original schedule!)
uh, not quite.
and so what? fan games have always been of questionable legal status, and a lawsuit has never stopped someone before. in the off chance that they would receive and comply to a C&A, developers will likely just release it on alternate venues.

Antoligy said:
Its possible.

Which means, the ANY TRANSACTIONS for this game, are punishable by death, or even worse a law-suit from nintendo.
That is the second most ridiculous thing I've heard all week

"Oh look- an independent community handheld intended for the niche of linux, pda functions and gaming with no interest in commercial games at a much higher price point directed to a different age range, community, and type of person is pre-ordering- we have to release the DSi, AND TAKE BACK OUR FUCKING MARKET SHARE!"

HOLY SHIT

IT'S SOLD OVER 2000 UNITS IN SIX HOURS

THIS IS OUR CERTAIN DOOM

Back