Suggestion

fettouhi

Since the wiz is now out and also that GPH has released the 1.0.0 firmware, wouldn't be a good idea to make a unified thread where people post bugs in the firmware, i.e. translation errors, maybe feature request and etc.? It would be much easier to find issues with firmware, fixes and when new firmware is released a post is made. So, discuss please :)

Regards

André

Peter R posted on May 16 2009 at 02:59 PM said:
I would upgrade but I want to know if it actually is beneficial in anyway. So far everyone has just said that they see no change.
MEGADETH on the openhandheld forum wrote this:

well, there's no notice of a firmware release on gp2xwiz.com, i guess.
here are some contents about firmware update noticed on gp2xwiz.co.kr.

1. touch screen control fixed for more accuracy.
2. some internal modifications has no influence to funtional aspects. (including 'GPH' boot-logo glitch fix)

GPH announced there will be continuous release of firmwares

Regards

André

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R posted on May 16 2009 at 04:28 PM) Ahh at I would of asked GPH myself but I haven't been on my PC at the right times of the day (3-5AM here said:
to communicate with them.
Also send them a email for the complete changelog :)

Did they get rid of the SDL screen rotation in firmware 1.0.0?

That should be the number one priority, it's a massive speed hit for any games that use SDL for drawing!

Alex. posted on May 16 2009 at 04:59 PM said:
Did they get rid of the SDL screen rotation in firmware 1.0.0?

That should be the number one priority, it's a massive speed hit for any games that use SDL for drawing!
I thought they got rid of it in the firmware update that was sent out quite a while back?

Be more specific Peter, I have no idea what firmwares keep going around. Pickle was very kind and sent me 0.3 a while ago, and that crippled SDL performance. Is 0.7.1 available anywhere (because apparently you need it in order to upgrade to 1.0.0)?

Alex. posted on May 16 2009 at 05:18 PM said:
I have no idea what firmwares keep going around.
Does anybody? I have only installed the very first upgrade and that was so SD worked :p.

Back