Beta Stuff For Testing !

Cpasjuste

I updated my pandora page with a NeoGeo emulator (GnGeo).
This one works really great, full speed, but no gui for now (in the work).

If someone (Mweston ? :) ) want to test it ... here is my pandora page :

http://mydedibox.fr/_stuff/pandora/

Edit : I'v also updated the snes emulator, change are in the readme.

Thanks for your work on this Cpasjuste. Any chance of a video of the NeoGeo emulator? Please! :D

torpor, you need to be running Angstrom, and probably will need to build SDL to run it on the beagleboard. I'm going to try on mine as soon as I fix it again. =p

Cpasjuste maybe you could look at jycet rage2x frontend for gngeo2x.

the original author of gngeo, pepone, has preordered a pandora and can do some trick to it when he have his Pandora ;)

Jycet is waiting to the Pandora to get out to see if he buy one and maybe do some new frontend. what PandaRage?

Have you done some optimisation for ARM in this emulators? Good job, we have some emulators on the pandora day to try out :D

have you tried the more difficule neogeo game, like Garou: Mark of the Wolves or Super Sidekicks 3: The Next Glory?

pepone said:
nice! but you really shouldn't release gngeo with a neogeo bios included ;)
Hehe, I was not aware that you where the gngeo coder, and that you where still alive, and better, that you have ordered a pandora!
So i see no reason to work on it anymore, I may just work on a GUI if when the pandora is out.

For the bios, it's a mistake, I'll remove it tomorow when I'll get a correct connexion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cpasjuste said:
pepone said:
Hehe, I was not aware that you where the gngeo coder, and that you where still alive, and better, that you have ordered a pandora!
So i see no reason to work on it anymore, I may just work on a GUI if when the pandora is out.

Don't worry, you can work on gngeo as you want :) I don't always have the time to code, so any help is more than welcomed.

pepone said:
Cpasjuste said:
pepone said:

Don't worry, you can work on gngeo as you want :) I don't always have the time to code, so any help is more than welcomed.

I do not have a lot of time too, so i may focus on other things i'm working on (the snes emulator for exemple) ..

Ps : I removed the bios files from the archive.

pepone said:
Is the Universe Bios legal so it can be included instead of official ones?

Yod4z said:
have you tried the more difficule neogeo game, like Garou: Mark of the Wolves or Super Sidekicks 3: The Next Glory?
"Twinkle Star Sprites" has some serious slowdowns onto the GP2X Gneo. Would be great if this runs full Speed onto the Pandora (I'm sure)

By the way how is it possible to code all these Pandora-programs wihout a Pandora? :D

fusion_power said:
pepone said:
Is the Universe Bios legal so it can be included instead of official ones?

Yod4z said:
"Twinkle Star Sprites" has some serious slowdowns onto the GP2X Gneo. Would be great if this runs full Speed onto the Pandora (I'm sure)

By the way how is it possible to code all these Pandora-programs wihout a Pandora? :D

"Twinkle Star Sprites" seems to run perfectly without any slowdown, just tested it :)
Same for Super Side Kick 3, run perfectly, but can"t test garou i think there is no driver for it in gngeo yet.

By the way, i have a pandora dev board :p

The big prob with gngeo is the system it use to launche the rom (rc file). All the roms are note linked to Neogeo MAME roms.

Cpasjuste said:
Lucky you! :) do Stuff like the Raster Effects work 100% onto the Pandora Version? GNGeo onto the GP2X always had some graphical Glitches or serious performance Problems with this. And can GnGeo run with less than 500Mhz onto the Pandora? I can imagine that 300 or 350MHz are enough so we could save a good bunch of battery power. :)

I also hope onto the Pandora, the handling of the roms will be more easy than onto the GP2X. All these wrong rom versions, entcrypted, decrypted stuff gave me serious headaches. I would like to see a "plug and play" system like the other Emulators always had (Megadrive, SNES, even FBAX eats a huge ammount of rom versions GnGeo doesn't, etc...)

fusion_power said:
Cpasjuste said:
Lucky you! :) do Stuff like the Raster Effects work 100% onto the Pandora Version? GNGeo onto the GP2X always had some graphical Glitches or serious performance Problems with this. And can GnGeo run with less than 500Mhz onto the Pandora? I can imagine that 300 or 350MHz are enough so we could save a good bunch of battery power. :)

I also hope onto the Pandora, the handling of the roms will be more easy than onto the GP2X. All these wrong rom versions, entcrypted, decrypted stuff gave me serious headaches. I would like to see a "plug and play" system like the other Emulators always had (Megadrive, SNES, even FBAX eats a huge ammount of rom versions GnGeo doesn't, etc...)

All my tests where made with raster and interpolation effect, and the pandora running at 500mhz.

Here are some accurate tests, the gngeo emulator is running with "scale 2x" and "scanline 50%" :

Metal Slug X @ 200mhz : ~28 fps
Metal Slug X @ 300mhz : ~43 fps
Metal Slug X @ 400mhz : ~58 fps
Metal Slug X @ 500mhz : ~71 fps
Metal Slug X @ 600mhz : ~83 fps
Metal Slug X @ 700mhz : ~93 fps
Metal Slug X @ 800mhz : ~101 fps

Twinkle Star Sprites @ 200mhz : ~30 fps
Twinkle Star Sprites @ 300mhz : ~49 fps
Twinkle Star Sprites @ 400mhz : ~65 fps
Twinkle Star Sprites @ 500mhz : ~80 fps
Twinkle Star Sprites @ 600mhz : ~94 fps