Stuck On Doom! - Help

spaceboygp32x

hi guys...

played up to level 7 or 8 (cant remember which) on ultimate doom! and I got stuck on the level with the star pentagram and the two minotaurs at the end - I get dead in a matter of seconds... any one know what im doing wrong?

hope you can help - I dont fancy picking up a ton of spyware by googling it!

sPaCe :ph34r:

spaceboygp32x posted on Jul 22 2005 at 08:53 AM said:
hi guys...

played up to level 7 or 8 (cant remember which) on ultimate doom! and I got stuck on the level with the star pentagram and the two minotaurs at the end - I get dead in a matter of seconds... any one know what im doing wrong?

hope you can help - I dont fancy picking up a ton of spyware by googling it!

I think that is Episode 1 Map 8. Lets see what you have done. Killed the Demons at the beginning, ran down the coridore and two Hell knights pop out of the two doors. You have killed them and the walls drop down opening up the whole map. Then you click a switch and some stairs are revealed and you have walked over a transporter pad which transports you to a dark room with tons of wee beasties in and you die?

If all that is correct, then that's what happens at the end of episode 1. Apparently you die and go to hell, and that's where the 2nd episode starts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of the wrong forum, eh?

And, well, I just killed em... do a lot of strafing and, erm, shooting and you eventually kill them :D I know it`s a hard place...

Quiest posted on Jul 22 2005 at 09:37 AM said:
Kind of the wrong forum, eh?

And, well, I just killed em... do a lot of strafing and, erm, shooting and you eventually kill them :D I know it`s a hard place...

Yes but I think he means after you kill the Hell Knights, when you transport into the dark room you die!

kknd_cf posted on Jul 22 2005 at 09:45 AM said:
Moved.

oops sorry kknd_cf

I should know where not to post by now!!

erm - Im stuck in the room with the two hell knight beasties...

rooms shaped like a pentagram with two lava flows...

think quiest must be right - I just have to kill em!

just seemed too hard after all that easy blasting! thought id missed something!

yeah just strafe around a bit and let them eat some shotgun shells, they are pretty easy enemies (especially compared to some of the ones in Doom 2), and they'll be dead in no time.

on a side note, if anyone is looking for a great source of user made .WAD files, check out doomworld.com , they have tons in their archive, and the best of the new maps get reviewed every sunday. although most of the really good new maps now require zdoom , which has pretty much become the standard for the Doom community, due to its advanced features. if someone made a port of zdoom for the GP32 that would be amazing! (although you would have to remove or at least disable some of the features that would be pointless on the GP32 due to its restrictions).

Actually I think the better doom version is the doomsday engine. This brings real accelerated textures and lighting to doom, Doom II, Heretic and Hexen.

They have never looked so good :) !

Edit: If you want to take a look, go here:
Doomsday

Back