Steam for linux is live... with sales and 50 games supported...

Fortunately there were only a few of those games I was wanting to buy. My collection is nearly complete now.

I just bought 5 games with this deal and it was still less than $20.00 USD all together.. been playing Bastion a very cool hack and slash game..  

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam is working well for me on Linux Mint 13.  Half Life works fine - hopefully they'll get all of it's derivations up eventually.  World of Goo is worth the $2.50 they're charging for it.  Fun stuff.

Yes - Half Life works fine through Steam on Wine too, but hopefully this whole Steam on Linux is a force moving things in the right direction.

Have any large publishers announced they will begin porting games to Linux? It will be necessary for Steam for Linux to become a viable gaming platform.

There are 100 titles up for sale on the Linux steam side.

I imagine that how much content gets made for it is directly related to how many more Steam accounts they get and how much additional content they buy.

I spent $25 on additional games on my Steam account for additional titles - directly from Steam for Linux.  They have a 50% off sale on Linux titles.  Also, my old already purchased games that now have Linux versions installed for free - as it should be.

So - if you're a Linux inclined gamer - which I'm sure there are a few around here, step up and show that we're not an uncountable minority.  Most of the Linux compiled games are in the $2.50 to $15 range with the sale on.  We've all paid more than that for tiny app games on our phones.

Back