Stay Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GO TO GP32X!

Someone please make the post above sticky! (or we'll have to keep bumping it..)

dschroeter said:
To avoid confusion, all of the forums are apparently consolidating here:

http://forum.openhandhelds.org/

Note handhelds not pandora above.
I think that this forum will be up for some time yet, since this forum and "that" forum you linked to are exactly the same forum (just different URLs).
dschroeter said:
And be nice, this is my first post. Hellollo to all!
Wow, my old meme sense is tingling, but hello and welcome anyways :p

EDIT: since the post two before mine was heavily edited, my comments don't really make any sense any more

I think one of the mods should close this topic down, especially seeing that were are now trying to migrate to this form from gp32x.de: title is very misleading, and most people wont bother actually reading the thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Lippy said:
I think one of the mods should close this topic down, especially seeing that were are now trying to migrate to this form from gp32x.de: title is very misleading, and most people wont bother actually reading the thread
PokeParadox was kind enough to retitle the thread for us, so I don't see any need to close it now. :wink:

Okaaay great, cool, I'll just set my things over here and wait for everyone else to get here. Oh and I'll repeate my suggestion that we dump the PSP and DS sections in the crapper since they're not open or even "semi" open handhelds, they're locked and often defended handhelds made by companies that have had no desire for their machines to be used this way, We should put our energies towards devices that actually allow development and let the countless number of forums that cater to hacking these devices to run homebrew code do what THEY do best.

Hopefully the community that surrounded the GP32 and GP2x will find their way over here to more comfortable digs too rather than hanging around the run down and slowly dying website we used to use.

Alpha2 said:
Okaaay great, cool, I'll just set my things over here and wait for everyone else to get here. Oh and I'll repeate my suggestion that we dump the PSP and DS sections in the crapper since they're not open or even "semi" open handhelds, they're locked and often defended handhelds made by companies that have had no desire for their machines to be used this way, We should put our energies towards devices that actually allow development and let the countless number of forums that cater to hacking these devices to run homebrew code do what THEY do best.

Hopefully the community that surrounded the GP32 and GP2x will find their way over here to more comfortable digs too rather than hanging around the run down and slowly dying website we used to use.

Or to greener meadows at 'openxile'

You know, after changing the skin to skyline blue in your settings, this place isn't so ugly anymore, and I actually like it :)

Hellollo to all

psymastr said:
You know, after changing the skin to skyline blue in your settings, this place isn't so ugly anymore, and I actually like it :)

Hellollo to all
I searched but didn't show more skins? :confused: let me double check...

Edit: Hey true! They must have added it recently... but it's a bit slower,
oh well... thanks for the tip!

Edit2: And avatars are available now! Yay! :lol:

psymastr said:

Hellollo to all

They haven't changed the sitelogo on the skin yet, but it is quite a bit prettier.

So... now that there's no need for us to stay here since the old forums will (hopefully) be fixed and properly administrated, what's the purpose of this thread? Shouldn't it be renamed to it's original title? What was it...? "Go away"? :p

gp2.eXe said:
So... now that there's no need for us to stay here since the old forums will (hopefully) be fixed and properly administrated, what's the purpose of this thread? Shouldn't it be renamed to it's original title? What was it...? "Go away"? :p

Wait. I'm lost... did they finally get ahold of Hando? Back to gp32x then? It's a hell of a lot easier to type in the address bar. :p

michaeljustman said:
gp2.eXe said:

Wait. I'm lost... did they finally get ahold of Hando? Back to gp32x then? It's a hell of a lot easier to type in the address bar. :p
Yup! Here's the man!:
Hando's Response

Okay so we've apparently averted disaster? GP32x is still pretty broken, I mean I'm glad he's not abandoning the site but if he's had problems going back this long without fixing them are we sure the fixes are going to happen any time soon?

Why's GP32 displaying a Board Offline - log in screen with the message

Yooouuuu shouuuldn't donatee.. blurp!

Shouldn't?

^Happening to me too... I hope it's just a drunken Hando making changes to the board, :wink: and not another DDOS attack that would definitely kill those boards. :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back