GP32 Starting Gp32 Developement

miracoli

Still Fresh
Hi!

First: Sorry for my english ;)
Second: I recently got myself a GP32, and now i want to start developing programs for it and look at some code others wrote.
My question is: whats the best environment/sdk to use (windows and/or linux)?
Thanks for your answers!

P.S.: Yes, i know it's old, but i want to try it nevertheless.

mhh, could you go a little bit more in detail plz
whats your exact suggestion and how do i set it up?
thanks.

There are many options. What you use is your own preference.

However, if you are really lost, how about:

"You want to learn coding for the GP32 but have no clue where to start?"
http://www.mirkoroller.mynetcologne.de/gp32/

There you can download and install easy to use compiler, and put "Hello World" on the GP32's screen, then you move onto more advanced stuff/etc. Soon you will be writing your own games and emulators :)

OK,

i downloaded mirkos sdk and the "Automated script, to create your gp32 cross compiler. "
but the script fails with:

gcc -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/. -I../../gcc/../include \
-DTARGET_MACHINE=\"arm-elf\" \
-c ../../gcc/collect2.c -o collect2.o
In Funktion »open«,
eingefügt von »collect_execute« bei ../../gcc/collect2.c:1535:
/usr/include/bits/fcntl2.h:51: Fehler: Aufruf von »__open_missing_mode« mit Attributfehler deklariert: open with O_CREAT in second argument needs 3 arguments
make[1]: *** [collect2.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/dirk/Downloads/automated/gcc-3.4.1/build/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Fehler 2
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /opt/gp-arm-elf /opt/gp-arm-elf
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/dirk/Downloads/automated/gcc-3.4.1/build/gcc'
gcc -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/. -I../../gcc/../include \
-DTARGET_MACHINE=\"arm-elf\" \
-c ../../gcc/collect2.c -o collect2.o
In Funktion »open«,
eingefügt von »collect_execute« bei ../../gcc/collect2.c:1535:
/usr/include/bits/fcntl2.h:51: Fehler: Aufruf von »__open_missing_mode« mit Attributfehler deklariert: open with O_CREAT in second argument needs 3 arguments
make[1]: *** [collect2.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/dirk/Downloads/automated/gcc-3.4.1/build/gcc'
make: *** [install-gcc] Fehler 2

So what should i do now? is it possible to set up a more up to date cross compiler?
Thx in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Back