Speccyal'k Notes

WhizzBang

Grotesque Peasant
Website
Visit site
I have been using Speccyal K for months now and have only just found out that the two features that I thought didn't work, do work after all. Just in case anyone else has had the same problems:

Full screen (removes thick border)
To get this mode you need to go to the options (L+R) and set
Border emulation: Off
Fast rendering: On
Fullscreen mode: On
and then press select to save.
On the options screen it is the option that is coloured white that you have selected not the green one, so if 'On' is white and 'Off' is green then you have 'On' selected. Quite simple really, I don't know why it took me so long to work it out.

To save keys your key setup you need to press Select to exit the options menu rather than B after setting your keys. This is in the readme but I had long since forgotten it as I usually play games using Kempston (you really need to set your own keys though for Manic Miner).

Thanks again _Tyrell_ for this great emulator.

Happy to see that you finally found out how it worked :)
If something was not clear, just tell me. I'll update the readme.txt file.

If I had time, I'd add features that everyone had been waiting for (zip, tzx format, better virtual keyboard handling à la frodo...). But the truth is that v0.6 is probably the last version. We'll see!

_tyrell_

_tyrell_ posted on Feb 20 2004 at 10:41 AM said:
Not sure to understand what you mean ...

_tyrell_
Oh c'mon, skinjob = replicant. You have a picture of the guy who runs Tyrell Corp

It was a lame Blade Runner joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i got it!

haven't used speccyal much as I don't know whats good to play. I thought the emulator was a really nice job though. Need to spend some more time on it

Didn't know it was called like that in english (only saw the french version by the way) ! In french, I remember Bryant called them "gueule d'humain".

;)

I thought the emulator was a really nice job though. Need to spend some more time on it

Unfortunately the time is missing ... :(

_tyrell_

Back