Spark Linux Tablet

CFWhitman

Has anyone mentioned the plans for the Spark Linux tablet here?

http://www.ubuntuvib...et-running.html

It looks interesting since the hardware is supposed to be completely unlocked. It's expected to come with a GNU/Linux based operating system and the KDE Plasma Active interface. However, there is no reason to think that other interfaces would not be loadable or even that an Android operating system build could not be prepared.

The tablet is not my absolute favorite form factor, but it has its uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add a small-enough portable keyboard and this could be just the trick. I'm not familiar with KDE Plasma, though. In fact the very word "KDE" makes me recoil in horror. It's been at least 10 years, though, perhaps I should give it another chance.

Add a small-enough portable keyboard and this could be just the trick. I'm not familiar with KDE Plasma, though. In fact the very word "KDE" makes me recoil in horror. It's been at least 10 years, though, perhaps I should give it another chance.

I'd wait for a little while yet. As KDE/SC 4.x is significantly rewritten, a lot of tertiary functionality is missing. KDE/SC 5 should be awesome though. Kudos for them keeping a desktop-useable interface and redirecting the tablet-mania to a sister project

Back