Space Rocks 2x

Mookmac

Still Fresh
Website
www.mookie.the-buccaneer.co.uk
This is my first fenix coded game; Space Rocks 2X. Its a basic Asteroids clone. This is v1.0.

splash.gif

I'm looking for people to help with the continued development of this game, my contact details are in the readme.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Please contact me if you have any problems.

Enjoy! :D

Had a quick play. It's a nice little game! I have noticed an occasional slowdown, don't know what caused it though.

Things to improve: sound! ;) Sometimes the explosion sprites are overlapped by the asteroids, maybe you can switch the ordering of the sprites so that the explosions are blitted over the asteroids? I also kind of miss the big asteroids that split up into smaller ones when you hit them, hehe :)

Those green laser bonus things are something I like, and the sprites remind me of Galaga (although they are a bit small). Certainly it's a good one for a first Fenix game, keep it up!

Asteroids for atari 2600 is funny. When my brother and I were kids we used to have that game and that must be the reason why it is still fun for me now. The only stupid thing about the atari game is that when you get over 99999 points, the score goes back to zero (and it only lets you build up 9 extra lives) LOL. A couple days ago I rolled over the score twice just for the hell of it, (the game is super easy if you just sit still and turn around).

Back