Source For A Replacement Screen Panel?

Mostly Harmless

Still Fresh
Like the complete tit that I am, I dropped my GP2X over the weekend and because I had too much junk crammed into the case with it, the screen panel got cracked. Thankfully the GP2X itself seems fine but now I have an ugly spider shaped crack in the plastic screen panel :angry: .
I checked out GP2X store and they are out of stock and they don't know when they will be back in, I've also looked on ebay and done a lot of searching around but I can't find anyone else who supplies them.
I'll be keeping an eye out for them hopefully coming back into stock, but in the mean time does anyone know of an alternate source?
Thanks.

I can't help you, but if you find a place please tell me, I need one, too.

For now I'm using one that I made out of a CD cover. Its better than a cracked one, but not by much.

How about goint to a shop that makes picture frames and getting them to cut you a piece of
glass the right size?

pcklee123 said:
How about goint to a shop that makes picture frames and getting them to cut you a piece of
glass the right size?
Not sure how you would mount it nicely but it could be done. You would ideally need to mask off the sides somehow or it would look ugly and you would need to get the thickness right.

Back in the day we all used to do that with the GP32's to replace the default screen cover that had a nasty habit of shedding it's anti-glare coating in big patches.

I may have a spare GPH screen cover or 2 somewhere, I will have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'm still holding out hope of getting a proper replacement, even If I have to buy a bricked 2X to salvage. In the mean time I might give the CD cover mod a go.

Back