Sound Problem

subin

with my 2x its quite strange. i run it, and open a game/program, and usually the sound is distorted by noise - a constant "fuzzing" can be heard in the background, which disrupts the sound. but once it ran without this fuzzing, and the sound was quite clear. i don't remember doing anything differently that time.. can anyone shed some light on this?

edit: i replaced the batteries just to be sure, and i still got garbled sound.. i'm sure it isn't normal. it sounds like a radio tuned to a random frequency is playing as well as whatever sound is playing, as a reference.

EDIT: it turns out the gp2x speakers are really crap - my headphones sound perfect. never mind ^_^;;

EDIT: after i inserted the headphone jack and then took it out, the speakers sounded fine again. weird.

well, nice to hear you solved the problem...

not really. i just have to start a movie or music file now, and the problem goes away until i turn the gp2x off again. it's weird, i haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. but i deal with it because i heart le gp2x XD

Last edited by a moderator:
well, nice to hear you solved the problem...

not really. i just have to start a movie or music file now, and the problem goes away until i turn the gp2x off again. it's weird, i haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. but i deal with it because i heart le gp2x XD

Actually i've a bit similiar problem. Except for that the weird nosie comes only from the right speaker, which is otherwise totally mute - no matter what i do. I'm sending my unit back to the importer next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back