Some Wiz Newbie Questions Please

antaresuk

Does uae4all save state? I note that it has auto save but I dont think this does the job?
Gmenu2x - are there issues with this working on the out of the box firmware?

I'm loving the OLED screen - ruckage games look so much better on it compared to Gp2x

Cheers

antaresuk said:
Does uae4all save state? I note that it has auto save but I dont think this does the job?

I am not sure. My SD card is extremely limited, as it is not my own and is very small, which bums me out because I was looking forward to this emulation. Aaah. Pick and choose I suppose.

antaresuk said:
Gmenu2x - are there issues with this working on the out of the box firmware?

I am having issues with it myself(the jury is still out on my problem), but many people have gotten it to work out of the box with no issues. So I'd guess you'd be fine. Worse case scenario is you download it and give it a shot yourself. It modifies no files outside of it's own, or ones you modify from it yourself; so no harm done.

antaresuk said:
I'm loving the OLED screen - ruckage games look so much better on it compared to Gp2x

No kidding! OLED screens are beeeeastly amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gmenu2x just hangs on the loading screen for me. Is that what it's doing for you guys? I had to go in and delete the autorun and gmenu files because it would try to autorun when the system came on and it would freeze on a blank screen. Too bad as I would like to customize the menus and get rid of the orange!

darklight1138 said:
Gmenu2x just hangs on the loading screen for me. Is that what it's doing for you guys? I had to go in and delete the autorun and gmenu files because it would try to autorun when the system came on and it would freeze on a blank screen. Too bad as I would like to customize the menus and get rid of the orange!

same here so im back to the default menu

darklight1138 said:
Too bad as I would like to customize the menus and get rid of the orange!

Yeah, I didn't like the orange either. I've been using the BlueZ skin, as it's a little easier on the eyes(while still a taaad blue). I've also heard the liquido skin is good. Might try those in the mean time.

antaresuk said:
same here so im back to the default menu

Yeah, the freezing is the exact same issue I've been having. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I have an nice big SD card on the way, so I'm going to fool around with some firmware a bit, and see if I can get a different version to work more...appealingly.

Actually, I dumped a log a little while back of my crash tests with gMenu2x, and it appears to /run/ fine, but we get no display. Very odd.

Back