Some Ideas That I Wouldnt Mind Seeing.

clarky2o2o

-firmware-

-1st of all id like to see an option where you can select certain folders to be hidden (system folders) etc so it be easier to find programs that are all under 1 drectory.

"default directorys" If the above didnt work then id say an option to set default directories for everything "games looks for games folder" photos looks in photos folder etc.

-programs-

theres only 1 program id like to see. that is 1 that is a map reader. (like a basic gprs)

for controls you caqn have pres X for X cordinates Y for Y cordinates while in the coords menu the dpad would be used to move up and down the numbers (like a bike lock).

when in map view mode
Dpad = move up down left right from current position.
L/R zoom in and out.
Start = return to default view
Select = back to menu.

what do you all think?

Hmm... I like the mapreader idea but that seems really utopian to me. The map data for GPS devices require a shitload of space... also I really doubt that it is possible to somehow connect a gps device to the gp2x unless there are compatible linux drivers and it's an usb device. Also it would be more than power consuming and you would have to supply power to it with an external power source which makes it pretty much useless if you want to carry it around with you unless you are ofcourse either in possession of a secret not yet publicly announced technology breakthrough device that utilizes cold fusion... well or a laptop battery, whatever...

ooh your thinking WAY to advance. i didnt mean gps (all phones will do that soon.)i mean just a general map program. like a portable AA road map...without the folding. :p

yes that what i mean.

nothing flashy no "you are here" just a general map you can take traveling.

Oh ok... well that could probably be done. The maps don't seem to be as large either... something like 3MB for Amsterdam. Would be pretty cool!

Back