*sniff* ah, new forum smell!

lol, yeah, I remember that. Other people's houses did smell different. They still do. (I'm glad now that I'm not the only one who thought this, I've said that to lots of people and they look at me like "WTF!? other people's houses don't smell different at all - idiot") lol my mate moved from one house to the other and they both smell the same, after he moved. strange.

Does anyone else like that "new electronics smell"? I suppose it's probably really bad for you and filled with all sorts of awful substances, but I can't help but inhale deeply whenever I open the box of a new device. :p

Of course I'm looking forward to doing this when I open my Pandora! ^_^

some extremely cheap devices like my USB hub or my SD card reader smell strongly like PVC. Which sorta smells like permanent marker

Peter R said:
PoisonedV said:
sweet irony
While this situation is hilarious it's not really irony. Therefore I can deduce that you are American :D
Actually, yes, it is irony. People love to say "oh hey, thats not irony" but in actuality they are full of shit.
Situational irony is the disparity of intention and result: when the result of an action is contrary to the desired or expected effect. Likewise, cosmic irony is disparity between human desires and the harsh realities of the outside world (or the whims of the gods). By some older definitions, situational irony and cosmic irony are not irony at all.
now i would say that fits perfectly in one way or another.
oh, and thanks for making dumbass generalizations! I can tell you are a holier than thou, asshole, european prick!

Damn! These new mods are harsh! The power's gone to their heads.j-k :wink:

But at least it's starting to feel a bit more like GP32X.

PoisonedV said:
Situational irony is the disparity of intention and result: when the result of an action is contrary to the desired or expected effect. Likewise, cosmic irony is disparity between human desires and the harsh realities of the outside world (or the whims of the gods). By some older definitions, situational irony and cosmic irony are not irony at all.
I shall argue no more after this but this had to be said. I made a statement but did not put into effect an action. Hence I have no action to have a undesirable effect.

Peter R said:
PoisonedV said:
I shall argue no more after this but this had to be said. I made a statement but did not put into effect an action. Hence I have no action to have a undesirable effect.
How about this: the action was him being made a moderator, and the effect was you leaveing. (but then, IRONICALLY, you didn't)

I never said I would leave did I? I just said that the forum isn't of a high caliber. Which with the current moderation team, a load of gp32x.de Pandora fanboy "newbies", it isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back