Snesemu running at 156mhz

Mofokubik

Website
Visit site
Snes9x wasnt fast enough for me, so I dusted off the old hex editor and edited snesemu and Im very pleased with the results. I also did a 166mhz one for people who want to risk it.

Download the 156mhz version here.
Download the 166mhz version here.

I'm completely new at this, please feel free to talk to me in very simple terms. How do i use this file to overclock my snes emu?, and what emu does it go with?

Upload the file (snes156.fxe) to the GPMM directory in in your GP32, put any .SMC roms you want in your GPMM/SNES directory, RUN snes156.fxe, and choose your game; the program itself is overclocked.

Rar files are compressed (like zip files) you have to uncompress it with something like winrar. After you unzip it you will have the .fxe file that will work in freelauncher. You can get winrar from here.

Ahhhhh bloody hell, it's uncompressed now and it went on my GP32 but when I load it up all it get if a stupid line across the screen! :unsure:

This must be the opposite of divine intervention or something I swear! :angry:

Vicious_Al posted on Aug 31 2003 said:
Ahhhhh bloody hell, it's uncompressed now and it went on my GP32 but when I load it up all it get if a stupid line across the screen! :unsure:

This must be the opposite of divine intervention or something I swear! :angry:
The line across your screen is the rom selector. The rom should be hiding underneath it (it should be red, am I right?) simply press A and it should work providing you've put your roms into GPMM/SNES.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt know i had to put them in \snes folder which i've done now, they come up but now that menu simply freezes and the games wont start? Have I done something wrong?

yeh make sure those roms're not zipped or something, also

--EDIT--
now hexedit the lynx emu and speed that up too ! YEEHAAW it's hexediting madness!

No no, they're not zipped or anything, I have two roms in the gpmm\snes\ folder
and the snes156.fxe file is in the \gpmm folder - they show up on the menu but it just freezes, I cant move to look up or down and none of the buttons will start the game.??

:(

Back