Snes9X4C Save States Invalid?

SolarLune

Hey. So I'm just wondering why it is that when I load a save state that I saved earlier, it loads fine, but the sound is broken from then on (the music is paused), and then moving through different rooms doesn't work either - the game freezes when it needs to 'load'.

SolarLune said:
Hey. So I'm just wondering why it is that when I load a save state that I saved earlier, it loads fine, but the sound is broken from then on (the music is paused), and then moving through different rooms doesn't work either - the game freezes when it needs to 'load'.
I've ran into issues with save states becoming corrupt and unload able, I only trust .srm saves

not sure what it is but I'm not able to reproduce it appears random from what I can tell

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it isn't random. Basically, if I load a save state, I can't get very far from where I saved (i.e. I may be able to exit the room in Robotrek, for example, but it'll freeze before getting to the world map). Like you, jB0yx, I've had to rely completely on normal cartridge saves.
EDIT: Oh, and could we possibly get a (Load Game) option? Having to exit the emulator to load another game is inconvenient. Also, saving settings for the program and overclocking would be nice.

SRM saves aren't that reliable either; in Final Fantasy IV and Super Mario World I've lost both kinds. I hope this is fixed soon!

I too lost save states, but I think I know why. If you turn off the Caanoo before turning off the emulator, it won't save the cartridge saves. You've got to exit the emulator before turning off the Caanoo to create saves.

Back