Snag hit on using my Pandora on my bicycle tour. . .

second exodous

Advanced Member
Ok, so I was going to forgo taking a notebook on my bicycle tour through Latin America and just take my Pandora and when the Pyra came out, if it doesn't get to me before I leave just have ED ship it to me when I'm there. The Pandora doesn't do what I need however. . .

So, All I really need a PC for on my trip is dumping pictures and videos from my cameras and action cams to some external SSDs. Every device that I want to empty cards off of uses EXFAT and I can't find any software for it in PNDManager. So, I'm stumped. I might need to take the smallest device that can do this with me and then sell it when I get my Pyra.

I found a few forums that talked about a PND that allowed reading of exfat but I guess it was taken down? I can't find it and the links that people posted linking to it seem to no longer work. Any help getting my Pandora to read exfat or any ideas on a device that can do this would be great, I'm trying to save space/weight. I tried Android and it was horrible at it.

Ok, so I was going to forgo taking a notebook on my bicycle tour through Latin America and just take my Pandora and when the Pyra came out, if it doesn't get to me before I leave just have ED ship it to me when I'm there. The Pandora doesn't do what I need however. . .

So, All I really need a PC for on my trip is dumping pictures and videos from my cameras and action cams to some external SSDs. Every device that I want to empty cards off of uses EXFAT and I can't find any software for it in PNDManager. So, I'm stumped. I might need to take the smallest device that can do this with me and then sell it when I get my Pyra.

I found a few forums that talked about a PND that allowed reading of exfat but I guess it was taken down? I can't find it and the links that people posted linking to it seem to no longer work. Any help getting my Pandora to read exfat or any ideas on a device that can do this would be great, I'm trying to save space/weight. I tried Android and it was horrible at it.
I really do not remember the command (sorry!) but I am pretty sure there is a package you can install with opkg install to read exFAT SD Cards.

If you can't do it with Zaxxon, SL4P does that by default.
I included it because I saw no license problem, for example Ubuntu include it in the Universe repo, and in our case it's not shipped with the device.
Of course, if someone point out that it can be a trouble, I'll gladly remove it.

Last edited:
Ah, got it, thanks.

I tested this with a NTFS formatted SD card and it worked since I have the restricted PND installed but hadn't actually tried it with a SD card that came out of one of my devices. It is slow but it works great, can't wait to get my Pyra for a little more speed.

Last edited:
Back