Smctosmc With One Gp

Wolfsclaw

can't be longer than 2 months right?
Website
Visit site
Well, i have 2 SMCs, i sometimes want to have some stuff from one smc on the other smc, for example if i want all snes roms on one smc and not a few here, a few there.
i then have to turn my pc on, connect smc writer/reader and change everything.
my idea is following:
an app which loads a program/file into the 8MB RAM (so, limit of the file is of course 8MB or a bit less) then you get on your gp32 a message that it is the RAM.
then, while the gp32 is on, switch the SMCs out and then the program would be able to write the stuff what is in the RAM on the new SMC.

i think this would be a bit simplier for changing files than with the PC stuff and so on.
i know im maybe way too lazy, but otherside such a program wouldnt be *too* hard to make, would it? notice this is in the wish forum, so no flames please :p

damn, i had the same idea a few months back. This was due to one of my buddies getting a GP, so we could exchange files in school. But i always forgot to post a request.

You can actually already do this. Use GPFM, and chose Cut on the file you want to copy across. Then change the SMC, and hit paste. The original file won't be deleted (because it doesn't exist on this SMC, so it just gets ignored), but you'll have the file you wanted on the other SMC.

Presumably there will be fairly large filesize limits on what you can do so though, simply because it'll be stored in RAM in the interim.

I think I needed to use the trick to move moviepark around at one stage. Or comi, for renaming. Something like that. I experimented, and it worked - w00tage :)

So its safe to remove the SMC while the GP32 is on (As long as nothing is loading from the SMC ) ??

Steve-O posted on Sep 2 2004 at 10:18 PM said:
So its safe to remove the SMC while the GP32 is on (As long as nothing is loading from the SMC ) ??
As long as nothing is saving you won't corrupt the card, but some apps don't like having the smc removed (GpCinema is one of them). Other apps like the official mp3 players are fine with it, and you really should try it with YAFL ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
or u use the new linux with usb driver working and just connect a cardreader ;)

Back