SMC in the UK

www.mx2.co.uk used to sell them for £17 Next day delivery... But they were out of stock last time I checked... :'(

I heard on MX2 that their is a Shortage of Cheap 128MB SMC's across the whole world :'(

Yep there is a global shortage, expect the prices to go up by about £15, luckly I stocked up on 128M smc's when i first heard about the shortage.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

wish I ordered one when they were £17 at MX2... Craig you dont happen to have any of the Cheap cards like the MX2 ones do you for around £17 :D "hint hint" :D lol B) :huh: :blink:

whats the best out of them 3 cheap £18 ones?

Lexar SmartMedia Classic

Integral SmartMedia Card

or

TraxData SmartMedia ???

I would go for the TraxData myself cos of their CDR's being good quality disc's... what do you think?

I read there are only two main brands of SmartMedia (maybe a third thats crap though). Therefore most SMC's are all the same except the sticker :p

I got the traxdata and all seems well.

cooool.. Iam thinking of ordering 2... One for Games and One for Films

There are a couple of reasons i don't stock the cheap non-samsung ones is because i *think* they don't contain ID's, plus gamepark supply my SMC's so i like to stick to what they say.

Second I've learnt in the past about getting cheap stuff in stock, all the returns start to come back with faults and trying to get replacements out of the cheap places is always a fiasco.

Yep, Ebay is a good place i'd say, especially during this shortage.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I still dont understand how you could have a shortage. if thier selling so well wouldnt you want to make a ton?

Back