GP2X Skype Phone On Gp2x?

DBH

Website
nicholas.piresonline.com
Is this possible?

Wouldn't it be cool to have a skype phone or app working with the gp2x? Reason I say this is because it would probably work well with a bluetooth headset (if the drivers were compiled) you could use ure gp2x as a internet phone !

hmm... I think it would be too much effort. just think of how much cables you would have to handle only to make usb-host capabilities available.

yeah, it would be wrestling with a octopus eveytime you want to make a call. personally i would just use my mobile

You would need a gp2x, a bluetooth headset, a bluetooth dongle, a battery powered usb hub, a wifi dongle and a usb host cable. Also you would need the drivers and even if someone did all of this then it would have an awful unusable interface and the battery life would be atrocious.

Don't knock it entirely dudes !! envision it... I got a battery pack thats the size of a stick of gum (give or take) .. and a usb hub (past tense had) a usb hub size of battery cover so in theory i could slap all that together to make a relatively compact wifi setup... u don't need bluetooth for this but would be handy... still though its the principle of getting this to work on our beloved machine which I think would be good. There's loads of free wifi hotspots around London so I'm thinking if it did happen this would be neat as it's there "just incase" !

lol have fun walking around with your gp2x and all its accessories. For me my just in case is a quarter, pay phones are a lot more common than wifi hotspots and if it gets stolen, i only lose a quarter.

Back