Simpsons (doom Pwad)

DanGP

Still Fresh
This game is Doom 2 but with all the simpsons characters thrown in. The download can be found here.

Gameplay 8/10
Same as the Doom 2 levels but it would have been nice to see some new levels.

Graphics 10/10
All of the monsters have changed in to simpsons characters eg. Ned Flanders instead of the imps. Also alot of the map textures have changed. Also objects like medkits have changed in to boxes of DUFF beer. :D

Sound 10/10
All of the monsters say things in the same voices they have on the show. eg. When you die homer says "there defending them selfs some how" Also the background music has changed.

Durability 9/10
As long lasting as Doom 2.

simpsons01.jpg

simpsons02.jpg

simpsons03.jpg

simpsons04.jpg

Thanks sam for posting the pics have you tryed the pwad yet?

I liked it, very funny :lol:. Occasionally, your hands go missing (you still see the end of the gun though) but only a minor glitch.

:)

Thanks for posting that!! I love the Simpsons and looks like a lot of fun. I am shocked that gp32x.de does not have this under their WAD section...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic Wad, thank you :)

I do get a small problem on level 2, when I upen the first Cell with Cheif Wiggin inside (right at the beginning of the level) I crashes when I walk inside.

I checked and Doom2 crashes here too. Is that a Bad Doom 2 wad?

Steve.

fitzsteve posted on May 5 2005 at 09:18 AM said:

I do get a small problem on level 2, when I upen the first Cell with Cheif Wiggin inside (right at the beginning of the level) I crashes when I walk inside.

I checked and Doom2 crashes here too. Is that a Bad Doom 2 wad?

Steve.

Does this cell have a switch behind? If so, it works for me. Might be a bad wad.

I had a Crash problem in doom2 level 2 when opening a set of bars to get to the switch (in the first area) - this is a bug in the original doom2 WAD if you can get the newer doom 2 wad (like out of the PC Collectors edition) ID removed the set of bars -
one fix is to use a working total conversion with different floor layout.
(or buy the latest compendium) I used to use the Quake2 TC IWAD and add PWADS to that - I guess Simpsons is a PWAD and should work with the quake2 IWAD

I hope that helps - else explain more clearly here or PM me

good luck Tarka :D

I played this one ages ago but it had different graphics in. Exact same sounds but different (not as good) sprites in it. These new ones look much better! :)

I find it gets a bit annoying though because the sounds, as good as they are, are just too long. It often ends up playing the same samples like 5 times in a row which gets quite tedious to say the least (especially the one of Grandpa!!).

Other than that, yeah, very good! :D

GA01 posted on May 5 2005 at 11:36 AM said:
fitzsteve posted on May 5 2005 at 09:18 AM said:

I checked and Doom2 crashes here too.  Is that a Bad Doom 2 wad?

Steve.

Does this cell have a switch behind? If so, it works for me. Might be a bad wad.

Yes thats the one, crashes when I walk inside :(

Back