[Significant Improvement] QjackCtl

canseco

Very Active Member
Third entry for Alive and Kicking Coding Competition.

- Updated Jack version to 0.121.3.
- Added audio tweaks to limits.conf and session-common to get Realtime working.
- Changed default settings to avoid xruns.
- Updated previews.

Now programs that need last jack stable version could be compiled, like Ardour.

Whee!!!

I've tried, and failed, to get something going with QJackCtl and some of the other tasty, tasty things you've ported. If you ever feel the need for a litte breather in your porting work, I'd love to see a PandoraLive posting about how to start up and use some of these things together :)

(I'm mainly, I think, seeing things stopping because of xruns, so maybe the problem is solved by this *hopeful*)

There are some plugins that need a better CPU  or optimized only for x86, but with new jack lib and realtime, there are no more xruns, pops or cracks.

I'm almost done with the article, but i still need to do some pics and refine a bit examples.

While you wait, take a look at this youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LinuxMusic1

Jack fails to start when I try to launch it.

08:14:28.169 Patchbay deactivated.
08:14:28.206 Statistics reset.
08:14:28.277 Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. ALSA MIDI patchbay will be not available.
08:14:28.502 D-BUS: Service not available (org.jackaudio.service aka jackdbus).
08:14:28.528 JACK is starting...
08:14:28.532 jackd -P69 -t2000 -dalsa -dhw:eek:map3pandora,1 -r44100 -p512 -n3 -s -S -C -i2
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
08:14:28.708 Could not start JACK. Sorry.
08:14:28.766 JACK was stopped with exit status=255.

any idea whats going on?

Change interface to hw:0 instead of hw:omap3pandora,1

PD: Forget to say, about error with snd-seq, check that Driver Midi is set to seq and check with lsmod on terminal, that snd-seq module is enabled.

Last edited by a moderator:
snd-seq is not enabled. changing to hw:0 gives the same error just listing hw:0 instead.

edit: Manually started snd-seq and snd-seq-midi and no longer get the midi error, but still get the other error and can't start jack.

Are you using last OS release, SZ 1.60?

This is my configuration on QjackCtl:

2mi2346.png

If it fails, try to put this on terminal:

jackd -P69 -t2000 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2 -S -Xseq -D -Chw:0,1 -i2

And show me all entire log, ;)

Hmm I cannot change the input or output device, they are greyed out.  jackd does not run from command line.  libjack is installed via opkg and I don't see any other jack related packages to install.  I am on 1.60.

Look at the screenshot, Audio option must be Duplex.

I suppose QjackCtl is updated and when your run jackd on commandline, it says version 0.121.3, because i don't see the logs.

Sorry jackd just returns command not found. also tried as sudo. Got the settings identicle to yours now. screenshots attached. Do I need to install jack in some special way?

140209-162609.png

140209-162754.png

140209-164825.png

Last QjackCtl version contains jack 0.121.3, and should ask for password to install it on your NAND, SD.

Old releases installed jackd from repo (sudo opkg install jack-server).

Delete appdata/qjackctl folder and execute QjackCtl again.

Good to know it's solved, ;)

The only problem is that with Duplex, you can get a lot of xruns (big delays)

Set Audio to Only Playback to solve this problem.

yeah I noticed that.  Trying to play around and find settings to record with non-timeline, but have yet to find a combo that works.  Maybe a 1ghz or rebirth might have a better chance....

Back