Show off your handhelds!

moz

load *,8,1
Website
Visit site
As the title says, take a photo of your handheld consoles, and compare it to everyone elses collections!

Heres mine:

2011-11-18142217.jpg

I'm excited to see what everyone else has :)

EDIT: Bloody hell, I forgot the Pandora!

Last edited by a moderator:
i bet there are some sick collections out there by some members, i will upload mine some point but most of mine currently reside at my parents gaff

I am sooooo tempted but I feel I have shown off enough. :huh:

eegads, '[ll have to find some photos I took years ago .. my collection is not outstanding by any means, but probably 50 different machines ;) Lately I've been giving away or selling stuff off, downsizing, just too many machines here. I'm an arcade machine and parts collector, an Atari nutbar and developer.. but if you want obscure pics of things like Atari TT030, STacy laptop, ST Book (only 50 in the world and I've got a couple ;) , Pandora prototype boards, etc and so on..

I don't think I ever took pics of my consoles .. got most of the Atari machines, various Commodore, and as a mobile phone and PDA dev, I've got a graveyard of about 50 phones and PDAs and prototypes, but no one cares about that.

Hmm, found some old pics on my blog:

http://www.skeleton....handhelds_1.jpg

http://www.skeleton....handhelds_2.jpg

http://www.skeleton....handhelds_3.jpg

http://www.skeleton....handhelds_6.jpg

http://www.skeleton....handhelds_4.jpg

Edit: found a pic of my Atari Jaguar http://www.skeleton.org/blogmedia/entertainment/gaming/retro/atari_jaguar.jpg

jeff

Charming topic tags, there, moz. :p

Anyway, here are some photos of my collection. They were taken a while ago.

Handheld_Size_Comparison_Photo.png

This was taken when I briefly owned a Dingoo A320, before it self-fried and had to be RMA'd, which is why there's an A320 in the picture. :p

From left to right, top to bottom (sort of), it shows my DSi (since traded towards a relative's 3DS, as I had no use for it once the System Transfer tool became available on my own 3DS), Rockman EXE 2 limited edition Game Boy Advance, Game Boy micro, Game Boy Colour, Game Boy, WonderSwan SwanCrystal, NeoGeo Pocket Colour, Jungletac OneStation (yes, the cartridges do slot into the top like that - it's actually attached to the system), Performance Designed Products VG Pocket Max (which if memory serves is actually a rebadged Jungletac device), Brain Games Colour*, one of the numerous Mega Drive handhelds*, and a Dingoo A320 (which, as mentioned above, was returned not too long after this picture was taken - alas, it fried itself so early that I never got to use it, at which point I decided that trying to get something to tide me over until the Pandora shipped wasn't going to work out).

*These two were given to me as gifts, and whilst they're interesting hardware (particularly the Brain Games Colour, for reasons I'll get to in a moment), I was never much of a fan of Sega's games and these didn't really change my mind. The Mega Drive one is the rarer version that has Ristar on it, which is nice, although unfortunately this hardware was poorly-tested and is very unstable (it crashes a lot, and will lock up if using the TV-out - it, and the other related consoles to this, is not based around an SoC, but instead a bad emulator written for the hardware). The Brain Games Colour (which, though little known, is an officially-licensed product - it was exclusive to the British catalogue-store chain, Argos) is interesting because as far as I'm aware it's a Master-System-on-a-Chip handheld, and it has some somewhat obscure games on it that don't usually appear on Master System or Game Gear based multi-game handhelds, such as Psycho Fox and the Snail Maze game from the firmware of the original model of the Master System.

Also, there are a few things I never included in that picture;

Advanced_PET.png

Firstly, my MegaMan NT Warrior (dubbed version of the Rockman EXE anime) Advanced PET. "PET" is short for "PErsonal Terminal", as per the MegaMan Battle Network video games.

X_Helmet_LCD_Game_Keychain.png

My Mega Man X helmet game. It's nominally a keychain, but it's actually huge - it's not much smaller than the Advanced PET above.

Pandora-Fathom_and_3DS-Steel-Diver.png

And here is my Pandora and my Nintendo 3DS. They complement each other very well, and I try not to go anywhere without both of them. In this shot, taken on the launch day of Steel Diver for the 3DS, they're both running games with an underwater theme. :p They're pictured on some large-sized AR Cards that I had professionally printed.

I'm not sure if I'm afraid - or admire - the Megaman addiction :)

(or are you first in line after William Gibson for the arm prosthetics when they come? :)

jeff

I have here a Sega Game Gear Coca Cola Edition and Mario Game &Watch Cement Factory Tabletop.

I have much more too. ;) I was in a red mood. :wub:

DSC01072.JPG

Last edited:
Sweet Game Gear Scooby, nowadays you has to accept Aspartame only versions (in £D) and only you can unmask the villains behind that one! ;)

"Quick, to the PandoraWagon!".....(well the concept is pure, the parts are here and there and the official version will ship real soon. In the meantime, its the community that helps, so get like the Flintstones and run you muthas!).

In the meantime cement factory. Oh man does that run on the game and watch simulator for Pandora?

Sweet Game Gear Scooby, nowadays you has to accept Aspartame only versions (in £D) and only you can unmask the villains behind that one! ;)

"Quick, to the PandoraWagon!".....(well the concept is pure, the parts are here and there and the official version will ship real soon. In the meantime, its the community that helps, so get like the Flintstones and run you muthas!).

In the meantime cement factory. Oh man does that run on the game and watch simulator for Pandora?
Thank you Sir.

Yes MarioPandio it does. I really enjoy that simulator on my Pandora.

The Coca Cola game gear is real sugar no aspartame as is the Cement Factory. :p .

Last edited:
2011-10-22%2B11.36.31.jpg

My humble collection... yes the pandora not in there yet...but soon!

Here are my Handhelds, beside of the Millenium Sega Genesis Handheld, and my Sony Xperia Play, but at the fotoshooting, i ditnt owne the xperia and the Milenium isnt that impressive..

3 of the Handhelds dit run the gameboy tetris :)

PICT0497.JPG

Nice collections people, Lots of gameboys in there.

I would say my favorite really has to be the Pandora but the PSP is a close second. The Vita is nice but I don't have much for it yet. I don't do much with my gameboys unless it is advanced wars. I think advanced wars duel strike addiction is a real thing that only gets worse with time :)

The Lynx and GG don't get a lot of action these days as the screens are not very good anymore, If i get around to it I will swap out the lights and put in White LED's but it takes a bit of time. I never ever play the Dingoo A320 I wouldn't recommend it to anyone the SNES and Genisis emulators are pretty worthless. And it takes a special memory card that I don't have, I didn't do anything with Dingux but I hear you can breath some life into them with that but I have a Pandora so who cares. The Caanoo was my first open source handheld and it was good but really got me all excited for the pandora although quite a bit nicer then the dingoo your just going to want a pandora if you have a caanoo so just save your self the time :) In the upper right corner is the FC16GO, not a bad little supernintendo device but the build quality is terrible. I have one and so do 2 of my friends back in the US, and they all have problems that are pretty hard to ignore. Apparently we are alone on that because most people on Amazon seem to think they are great and have wonderful build quality but they might just be selling the units you never really know. So my advice is try to see what you are buying before you get one of these because it might be le'suck.

This is what I have.
DSC01884.jpg

Well not going to bother with My typical Nintendo handhelds, but will show you my two favourite.. I need a real camera at some point.

Sega Nomad (Portable Genesis/MegaDrive)

Nomad_Pandora.jpg

Back