Short overview

Epimethee

Still Fresh
Hi. I'm french so excuse the way i'm writing.

I already ordered my Pandora (500$ without VAT - does that mean i'll got it in a week?)

I'm a retrogamer, already own an A320. I'm also a geek, so the Pandora seems to be the holy grail for me.

But what I heard from emulation is about 2 or 3 years old. How is it now?

If you already own a Pandora, please rate the quality of the emulation (of the following, but you can rate the others)

NES

SNES

Master Syster

Megadrive

Gameboy/color

Gameboy advance

(Is there any CPS-1 or CPS-2 emulator?)

PS1

N64

Are these emulators fullspeed? Do they often crash? Do all games works on them?

I mean, on my A320, Megaman X3 (SNES) doesn't work, so is Mario Kart (SNES)

But, most important, how are PS1 and N64 emulators runnning?

Mario64? TLoZ: OOT? Majora's Mask? Pokemon Stadium? Are they fullspeed?

Are games like Crash bandicoot 3, tomb raider 4....running fullspeed?

Am I forgetting some systems?

Then, what about PC games? What can run? Quake 2, does it run without any freeze? What else?

If I link the Pandora to a TV screen, will my XBOX360controller be recognized on the USB port, so I can play from my sofa?

I'll finish with an odd question: Is it compatible with the Myvu glasses (the cheaper one)? (I expect no, but who knows?)

Well, I thank you and wish you all to receive your unit.

From what I've seen all the pre-PS1 and N64 emus run pretty much perfectly. The N64 has improved a lot in the last months and it runs mario 64 perfect, don't know about other games, I'm curious how the LoZ games run too. Last I heard, pokémon stadium had some issues.

I think Quake 2 runs good, too. Either way, this will be 2000 times as good as your dingoo. :)

I don't have mine yet, so I'm only saying what I've read.

Last edited by a moderator:
and at the moment you can't connect your pandora to a TV screen. there is a problem with the production of cables.

Quake 2 runs flawlessy. SNES is pretty much there as well (including the two games you mention). Playstation is fantastic (but not perfect). It's good enough to be able to assume a game works rather than not. Nintendo 64 is OK; it's not really a deal maker, but some good games are playable. (Ridge Racer 64 runs very well, by the way!)

Thanks for answers and links. Speaking of Link, how does Ocarina of Time work?

Thanks for answers and links. Speaking of Link, how does Ocarina of Time work?

I need to overclock my unit a bit to make Ocarina of Time playable.. (OPP5 / 950mhz), changed Resolution to 640x480 so it's the original 4:3 aspect ratio.. I haven't played it far enough but I heard currently it locks up at certain spot in the game. But like others say this emulator is a work in progress.

Seems to be game dependant and sometimes varies from unit to unit.. because I can play Mario64 at 500mhz with no slow downs at all.

If you already own a Pandora, please rate the quality of the emulation (of the following, but you can rate the others)

NES
Works damn-near-perfectly with GPFCE-GP2X.

Snes9x4P is used for this. SuperFX emulation is not perfect, but otherwise most things are damn-near-perfect. However, the version of Snes9x that this is based on came from a time when SNES audio emulation sounded a bit wrong in places, so you may notice this with some games.

Master Syster
Supported by Dega. It seems to be fine, in my experience.

Megadrive
Absolutely brilliant with PicoDrive (which also offers brilliant Mega CD support, and very good 32X support, too).

(Is there any CPS-1 or CPS-2 emulator?)
Sort of. MAME4All (based on MAME 0.37b5) supports CPS1, and MAME 0.106 supports CPS2. MAME4All needs no overclocking for CPS1, but MAME 0.106 does for CPS2. They both work very well, in my experience, though.

I hope this sheds some light. :p

I just saw a video showing a Dreamcast emulator. Truth or fake?
Someone was working on this, but I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been released.

Back