Shark PC

Fzero

Advanced Member
What you think about this little device?

Shark PC on KS:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/235073402/shark-pc-compact-wireless-computer-accessible-from

Video:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/235073402/shark-pc-compact-wireless-computer-accessible-from/widget/video.html

Sort of a flip-side to the Crossplane, where with this you can use any tablet/phone as the screen over wireless.

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14204-the-crossplane-a-handheld-wireless-video-controller/

Mindlords comment here made me think of it, as could then be using a wider range of [useful] applications on your tablet;

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14876-worth-getting-a-tegra-note-tablet/#entry288740/URL]

Is this a close proximity thing, within range of router I guess?

The fact it mentions home surveillance makes me think you could be accessing it using a tablet/phone from beyond though?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well It just seems like a normal mini-itx motherboard in a case with some other frilly features..

It's using a DC to DC ATX power supply.. which is also fairly easy to get. I doubt they get too much life with 10 AA batteries.

I'm not seeing too much special.

so maybe I'm missing something, but this kickstarter doesn't offer an actual device as a reward level? 

In fact the only tangable thing they are offering is a t-shirt and they're wishing to obtain £80k 

sorry but this is destined to fail regardless of how nice of a product they are pitching might be 

How to get a shark PC right now

Step 1) Go to ebay.com

Step 2) Purchase a mini-itx computer

Step 3) Upon arrival, install your operating system of choice as well as a remote desktop server

Step 4) Install client software on any devide you want to access this computer from

?????????

No meed to back a KS for this

Why do people insist on selling general-purpose computers with special-purpose software?

So is the ability to browse the content from a phone/tablet nothing new? ...How they doing that, guess some app from Google Play store?

So is the ability to browse the content from a phone/tablet nothing new? ...How they doing that, guess some app from Google Play store?
>SSH
>FTP

>VNC

>RDP

These protocols not ringing a bell?

Yeah but ftp, ssh, these not really what is being shown on this Shark is it. Here he is viewing his full desktop and launching programs. So rdp yes... But last time I looked at rdp on Android was probably back in gingerbread times, and it was pretty poor.

Guess it is better now but I've just not used it. Agree then if rdp connection was strong guess you could do all that is shown here over that really, using any pc

:) I've not had much need to really, as a while back I put PLEX app on my phone to access films saved on my home computer, which works very well.

Will take a look at a new RDP though as would probably be useful [occasionally] to access/run other stuff on my home computer when out and about

:) I've not had much need to really, as a while back I put PLEX app on my phone to access films saved on my home computer, which works very well.

Will take a look at a new RDP though as would probably be useful [occasionally] to access/run other stuff on my home computer when out and about
Its only available on Windows. Not sure how you feel about non-free software, but Jump Desktop is the best RDP server/client software

I thought he wants to control his phone remotely those servers will do the trick and any VNC client on the PC will work.

Also there are plenty of VNC clients for android too if you want to go the other way around.

Yes? but have you used Jump Desktop? its fantastic. Its closed source so....ya know nsa and all but its really good

^ command line is all I need for remote access, so no I haven't tried it.

Ya its all you /need/ but it can be a really pleasurable experience. Now RDP (what makes Jump so great) is only available on Windows. so that might not be your cup of tea

The other way around :)

To view/access my desktop programs from my tablet screen

Back