Shadow Of The Beast Black Screen

Carnivore

Still Fresh
I just got the GP2X Wiz. I installed UAE4ALL, and I have some games working great. But I'm having a problem with Shadow of the Beast.
The first disk runs fine, but after I switch to disk 2, the screen goes black.

I have heard of people using UAE4ALL with Shadow of the Beast, so my guess is that either the adf is bad or it just needs to be configured right.

Has anyone seen this problem or have any suggestions?

SOTB definitely works. I've got it running here just fine. Are you sure you are waiting long enough after putting in the second disc and pressing fire? It takes a little while and the screen is black, but it does start.

iprice said:
SOTB definitely works. I've got it running here just fine. Are you sure you are waiting long enough after putting in the second disc and pressing fire? It takes a little while and the screen is black, but it does start.
You're switching disks wrong. I did the same thing. When it asks for disk 2 and you go to the menu to select the 2nd disk don't hit the X button to go back to the game. Instead, select the 2nd adf disk when it asks for it and then go down to Run (Start) in the options menu and hit the B button. Then press the button in game for "fire" to start the game. It should work. Now every version of SotB 1 loads perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
geise69 said:
iprice said:
You're switching disks wrong. I did the same thing. When it asks for disk 2 and you go to the menu to select the 2nd disk don't hit the X button to go back to the game. Instead, select the 2nd adf disk when it asks for it and then go down to Run (Start) in the options menu and hit the B button. Then press the button in game for "fire" to start the game. It should work. Now every version of SotB 1 loads perfectly.

Ah! That did it. It works great now.

I remember my Amiga 500 in college. I was playing SOTB in my dorm room near the door. When I finished a level, I heard someone say "Whoah!" I turned around to find a crowd of people huddled around the door to my room watching me play.

Carnivore said:
geise69 said:
iprice said:

Ah! That did it. It works great now.

I remember my Amiga 500 in college. I was playing SOTB in my dorm room near the door. When I finished a level, I heard someone say "Whoah!" I turned around to find a crowd of people huddled around the door to my room watching me play.
That's great you got it working! Such a good game and it runs pretty damn well on the Wiz. Great story by the way. I remember getting it when it got released. All my buddies were still rocking out their C64's and would come by to drool over my Amiga. I also had a 1040 ST but most of the Psygnosis games I just purchased for the Amiga for obvious reasons. It's great to play these games again on the go with good speed finally.

Back