Sega Cd / Bios Problems

Egonga

Still Fresh
Hiya,

I'm trying to get Sonic CD up and running on my Caanoo, but I don't seem to be having any luck. If I tell you what I've done so far, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

. I've managed to get PicoDrive working with Genesis / 32X games no problemo.
. I've downloaded a copy of Sonic CD. I've placed this in GAME\Picodrive\Games\Sonic CD folder. There's a file called Sonic.bin and 35 MP3 files all in that one folder.
. After trying to load this through the Pico menu, I got a message saying that there were no US bios on my system. A bit of research online told me that I had to download something called "bios" in order to run the game.
. I've downloaded some, but the readme states that these should be called "us_scd1_9210.bin, us_scd2_9306.bin or SegaCDBIOS9303.bin". The ones that I downloaded are called "SegaCD Model 2 Bios v2.11 (U) (Jun 1993) [!]" and various other names.
. I tried re-naming one of these files to "us_scd1_9210.bin", and tried loading Sonic CD again only to get the same message.
. I noticed that the Bios files were .bin, so I loaded them up through Pico as if they were roms. I got the Sega CD loading screen, but was told that there was no disc present.

...little help? ^_^ ;

Sorry, forgot to mention:

I've saved the bios files in GAME\PicoDrive, the same location as Picodrive.gpe.

Back