Screen Flicker

jaesond

Still Fresh
Several programs (Gnuboy2x, DrMD to name the couple I've tried) are having a problem with screen flicker. Both are having problems with the menus and flicker. Do you guys have any clue what might be up?

In Gnuboy it's bearable, but Dr.MD makes it near impossible to look at the menu sometimes. This just started when I updated to firmware 1.4 from 1.2.1.

Hope you guys can help.

jaesond posted on Mar 9 2006 at 03:31 PM said:
Several programs (Gnuboy2x, DrMD to name the couple I've tried) are having a problem with screen flicker. Both are having problems with the menus and flicker. Do you guys have any clue what might be up?

In Gnuboy it's bearable, but Dr.MD makes it near impossible to look at the menu sometimes. This just started when I updated to firmware 1.4 from 1.2.1.

Hope you guys can help.

my screen flickers when it goes back to the menu. the reason is because under fw 1.4 the menu gets underclocked but the lcd frequency stays the same. going into another app or using the lcd settings menu fixes this.

if the flickering you're talking about happens in-game, then it depends: are you using shell scripts with the cpu-lcd tweaker? if not, try that. if yes, try messing with the settings. unfortunately in the new firmware you can't use the tweaker in the normal way (because as soon as you drop back the menu it underclocks itself).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not happening when a ROM runs, but it is when it comes to Gnuboy's and Dr.MD's built in menus

I'm not using any scripts or anything like that, either.

Yeah, you should use scripts ... example:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 200
cd /mnt/sd/FOLDER_WHERE_EXECUTABLE_IS
./EXECUTABLE.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

... this will run the LCD_Tweaker program, then run the app/game/emu where you point the script to.

Alright, I tried that, and unfortunately it isn't helping either. I still get flickering menus and whatnot. :\

jaesond posted on Mar 9 2006 at 09:45 PM said:
Alright, I tried that, and unfortunately it isn't helping either. I still get flickering menus and whatnot. :\

Read the readme that came with the cpu_speed app, and replace the values in this line:

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 200

... 1 is for UPLL and 2 is for the LCD_Prescaler .. just change them and test the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back