Scratched My Screen!!!

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I was playing a round of kami retro and later noticed I gouged my screen in a number of places. :angry:

I think the problem was that i held the stylus at an angle and in my frenzy to get those little guys jumping I dragged a rough part of the stylus in a nice diagonal direction. Positive is that i have perfect stars on the first group of levels :blink:

Maybe I will post some pictures later. I can see the scratch when the screen is reflecting light, but fortunately doesn't seem to show up if its darker.

Beware the stylus!!

Put in this section for moral support.

I think heavy-action touch games should come with a warning. Clicking is OK, but it's the dragging that is dangerous.

I usually scratch new stylus against wood or something like that to remove micro spikes at its tip.

Mybe try too clean your Pandora Screen, somethimes, the Scraches are only visible if the Screen isnt clean and there are a lot of "finger Tatscher" on it..

Aktually, the DS Emulator is realy dangores on the Pandora..

Yeah, those things mostly happen with games, as you automatically push harder :(

My old NDS screen looks horrible.

Its possible to fix doing some polishing. Everything depends on the products you use. I have used these for polishing a DS and a GBA screens:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/27988-REG/Kodak_EK1546027_Lens_Cleaning_Paper_50_Sheets.html

http://www.alliedhightech.com/polishing/aluminaprods/

http://www.alliedhightech.com/showimage.php3?dirname=polishing_images_lg&filename=optechslurry_1

I used to work on a materials laboratory so there was a lot of this kind of stuff that the metallography guys used.

Extensively polish the original stylus on your jeans from every angle so it won't happen again.

I got a "big ben" DS metal stylus which fits the slot nicely and doesn't scratch.

Somehow that sounds weird considering there's - edit: was - another product with that brand name.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3ds stylus works real nicely, highly recommend that OPsquared uses something similar to the tip of those

Aktually, the DS Emulator is realy dangores on the Pandora..
Damn right! The right hand side of my screen is all kind of scratched thanks to Picross DS.

I'm pretty sure it's just the cheap screen protector that's scratched though, and I've bought some replacements from ED to put on next time I take my Pandora to bits (I fitted the old protector under the bezel, since it was big enough). And I'll have a go at repolishing the tip of my stylus.

Levi is right. The screen on my 1GHz has 3 layers by default.  The first layer is the glass layer (the LCD itself).  The second is the touch panel. The third is the screen protector.  If you have not applied any screen protector after your purchase, then chances are you've scratched the default (factory) screen protector.  If you're brave enough You can easily you can peel this protector off and apply your own screen protector (assumming you do not accidentally peel off the touch panel under it which I did :D ) if you don't want a second screen protector on top of the scratched (factory) screen protector as too many layers of screen protectors reduce the touch sensitivity.

Edit:  I'm talking based upon my GHz screen since I've taken it apart and peeled off all the layers.... :)

Edit 2:  Of course you have to disassemble the Pandora completely to do this so that's a pain in itself.  So, buying another screen protector and applying it over the scratched one is the easiest solution.

Oh? I didn't know there's a protector on top of that?

I'll try with some of the screens that have touchscreen issues to see if it fixes that.

Like I said, this is based on the only Ghz screen I have and it's of glossy type which Linux-Swat told me here.  I'm not sure if the matte types have the screen protector though.  Maybe just the LCD and the touch panel for those matte types.

Back