Samsung Pandora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
If there's a SEGA GameGear, Nintendo GameBoy, SONY PlayStation Portable, BANDAI WonderSwan, Atari Lynx, SNK NeoGeo Pocket (thanks, someboddy), etc...I've been wondering...What company does Pandora come under?

Craigix Pandora? :pandora1: :pandora2:

EDIT:

Today, I showed a bunch of Pandora vids to my 10 year old nephew...He then asked me which company is making Pandora.

I paused for about 10 seconds (long eh?)...then I finally replied with, "OpenPandora".

The End. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
The closest thing to a big corporate entity connected to Pandora is Texas Instruments, since Pandora is TI OMAP based and has been described as a TI "pet project."

In a way, Pandora is like a return to the "good old days" (AKA late 70's - early 80's) when home computers and videogames were being invented & pioneered by American and British companies. There was no Sony, Sega or Nintendo making computers or games back then, instead we had Apple, Atari, Commodore, Sinclair, TI (yep, TI had a home computer back then, albeit not too successful) etc. How things have changed!

The GPH Pandora ofcourse.

SONY said:
If there's a SEGA GameGear, Nintendo GameBoy, SONY PlayStation Portable, BANDAI WonderSwan, NEOGEO Pocket
NEOGEO is a name of a console(arcade?), not a company. You should fix it to "SNK NEOGEO Pocket"

someboddy said:
The GPH Pandora ofcourse.

SONY said:
If there's a SEGA GameGear, Nintendo GameBoy, SONY PlayStation Portable, BANDAI WonderSwan, NEOGEO Pocket
NEOGEO is a name of a console(arcade?), not a company. You should fix it to "SNK NEOGEO Pocket"
Oops, my bad. Sorry.

GPH has nothing to do with Pandora, by the way.

EDIT: Damn, chip! You beat me to it! :p

someboddy said:
WHAT??? Isn't the Pandora the successor of the GP2X?
Only so much as the community that was centered around the GP2X will move to be centered around the Pandora. GPH, the company which made the GP2X, is not involved in the Pandora project in any way.

I dislike the idea of buying brand name just to show off. But what you could do is buy some kind of adhesive printing sheets, and then google for the samsung logo, print it and stick it on the console.

Why does everything have to have some big corporate 'brand' these days?

Pandora is too cool for those shackles.....

I prefer "Open Pandora", since if you have it in your hand you've already opened the box, thus unleashed stuff upon the world. But there's nothing wrong with plain "Pandora".

There may be a problem in the future with his. There is no name or number to identify the console or any others in the series. What I mean is like the Amstrad CPC 464 then 6128, Commodore 64 then 128, Amiga 500 then 1200 and so on.

Shouldn't the Pandora have something like this? Not necessarily a number but just something to identify it. If the Pandora is a success it would have built up a good name and calling the next console a new different name or Pandora 2 would not be capitalising on it and probably cause confusion.

Guyfawkes said:
There may be a problem in the future with his. There is no name or number to identify the console or any others in the series. What I mean is like the Amstrad CPC 464 then 6128, Commodore 64 then 128, Amiga 500 then 1200 and so on.

Shouldn't the Pandora have something like this? Not necessarily a number but just something to identify it. If the Pandora is a success it would have built up a good name and calling the next console a new different name or Pandora 2 would not be capitalising on it and probably cause confusion.
This isn't one in a long line of similar products from the same company, to have an id number. Big numbers are just marketing tools.

What's wrong with Pandora 2 ?

Guyfawkes said:

I think the original intention was to keep numbers and three-letter acronyms out of the nomenclature. I don't see why it's a problem, the next one could be called Pandora Revolution or Pandora++ or Arodnap or whatver else you can dream of. Hmmm.. Arodnap. ARODNAP!

Pandora Revolution? ;)

see Danboid in "what will make or break the pandora" (dunno howto quote between threads yet)

There's a lot of talk in the tech press now on how Linux is going to take over the budget computing market and Pandora has the chance to be the shining star and the major catalyst. You can't run winxp on the super-power efficient ARM chipsets a lot of these mobile devices use and even if you could it would run like a dog with only 128MB RAM but Linux manages to nip along nicely in these conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back