Sam And Max

vgslag

Still Fresh
Hi,

My Sam and Max cd is totally buggered, scratched to death as it's so old. I'd made an so3 from the sou to play by scumm but I see the gp32 version needs an sog... I can't get my sou off the cd now so is there anyway I can convert the so3 to an sog?

Thanks

That is, honest to god, a real reason. I can even post pics of me with the black sam and max cd if people doubt I actually have it.

[edit]I even just managed to dig out the box too, in mint condition, just to show this is legit:
samandmax.jpg

[/edit]

I searched the forums for "HOOVER CARPET" but didn't find any help. Guess I'll just have to leave it :)

Search seems to ignore anything under 4 letters so I can't fnd anything to do with sou, so3 or sog in the forums :(

Try cleaning the cd with a moist cloth and a tiny bit of toothpaste. Concentrate on the worse scratched bits. What you will end up with is a CD that is scratched to hell but the scratches are tiny and fine and can be read through. I have fixed a couple of CDs and DVDs like this. If the CD is buggered what have you got to lose. Either that or try clear car wax to polish and fill in the deep scratches.

Cheers, I've already tried that. to be honest I've tried so much that it's prolly worse now. It looks like I've tried to clean it with wire wool.

Bad luck... fraid I haven't a clue how to help you (let alone not having a CD of Sam and Max myself, which sucks). You could look into simply buying another copy atm, though - Lucasarts are selling a lot of their old stuff for £4.99, which is probably not too hard to stretch to. And that's first hand from Blockbuster, so if you can find a pre-owned one in a couple of weeks, you might pick up a new copy for a couple of quid. Which is pretty darn good if worst comes to the worst...

Hope you find a way to fix it or convert your .so3 file. Also ask on the ScummVM forums - I suspect they may know more of a trick to it.

M8, don't worry about hoovering your carpet. Mysterious things dotted around it merely help to add character. Fluff, lint, a gp32. All good imho. I however prefer floor tiles these days, although it may just be a passing fad.

search for scummvm or goto a scummvm site they may have more info on the topic that you're pursuing.

I have a copy that i might be able to sell to you, pm me and we can make a deal. Ill let it go for 1 cent US, I dont use it anymore.

In simple terms there is no way (short of writing your own little app) to re-encode the sample container file from MP3 to Vorbis (OGG) :(.

Sam and Max with Vorbis on the GP32 sucks anyway ;).

Back