진짜적's Gp2x Diy Version[korean Pic, Sorry]

Can somebody please translate.

The images look interesting but it would be nice to know what he's doing.

I know one thing their is now way I could do what he is doing. Me and soldering do not go together. :(

That USB hub thingy?! looked interesting why did one of the pictures show the battery level? Was he charging it using that cable?

And I can't beleive his pimped his GP2X by installing a blue LED :ph34r:

Yeah. Those look really interesting, whatever they are. A translation would be nice.

My korean is a little rusty but from the pictures I can see that he's soldering a voltage regulator circuit into the usb cable and running a cable to the power input on the gp2x. (powering it from the usb on the computer)

On the next one he just seems to be modding it with an ultra bright LED.

Can't work out what the last one is about...

vv

In the first one he's not doing anything as exciting as USB direct data transfer, then?

Well, not as exciting.

Though what's with the little tech-egg capsules?

First picture is about moding USB cable to power GP2x, and 2nd and 4th are redundant speaker soldering problem, and the 3rd one is how to change LED to *cool* blue LED.

Ok, first picture, he bought some parts to do the job including some generic board, and regulator (model: AIC 1084-33CM 577J8) with 3.3V and 3A rating. With his previous try, he experienced some overheating (just like XBox360 :) ).

So, he installed the heatsink this time. With maximum 3A, there was no overheating problem and GP2x stays on without worrying much about battery related issues such as frame freezing. Those who are familar with Japanese stuffs (Otaku) should know gatcha-pons. Those capsules are gatcha-pon capsules that he used to store the little circuitry.

One funny note: He keeps pointing out he's economics major and has actually no idea what he's doing. :)

Do koreans get our news as well, it would be nice if there was co-operation between the different communities around the world.

iam sur ethey have guys posting the english stuff just as we have guys posting the korean stuff. (great job guys)

I would just like to point something out:

In the last pic, you can see how he resoldered the headphone jack.
From the factory the jack is on "top" of the solder, not fully encased in solder like he made it.

I repair phones for a living, and i can tell you that ALL Motorola (and many other) phones with surface mounted handsfree jacks, are soldered in exactly the same way as the GP2x. It is plenty strong. I would say that maybe 1 in 500 phones with damaged handsfree jacks are actually lifted off the board. The jack itself usually breaks before it lifts.

That being said, it is certainly likely that a few 2xs could have left the factory with manufacturing defects. Especially with a new product.. All im saying is the way it is soldered to the board is not a flaw, it was most likely manufacturing defects (that hopefully we wont see too often). Sorry for the long post.

Back