GP32 Running an FXE

First, you need unfxe.c by Mr Spiv (google will find it for you). That code will create a gxb for you. Next you add the length of the gxb to the begining of your gxb (that bit is important and took me ages to find out what I was doing wrong). Finally you call GpAppExecute passing the gxb. I would go into more detail, but I don't have the code in front of me at the moment.

woogal posted on Dec 9 2003 at 04:23 PM said:
First, you need unfxe.c by Mr Spiv (google will find it for you). That code will create a gxb for you. Next you add the length of the gxb to the begining of your gxb (that bit is important and took me ages to find out what I was doing wrong). Finally you call GpAppExecute passing the gxb. I would go into more detail, but I don't have the code in front of me at the moment.
Like if it's 122,296 bytes, you open in notepad and type the number before everything?

And is there a way to unfxe something on the GP32? Or directly run fxes? Pacrom does it, so it should be possible...

Last edited by a moderator:
And is there a way to unfxe something on the GP32? Or directly run fxes?

I do exactly that with unfxe.c. I modified unfxe.c so it compiled with my project, then you load the fxe and convert to a gxb (getting all kind of interesting stuff like title, author, and icon along the way). Then finally you do something like this -
Code:
  *(unsigned long*)gxb = filelen;
  memcpy(gxb+4,gxbdata,filelen);
  GpAppExecute(gxb,"gp:\\gpmm\\");

rcx21000 posted on Dec 10 2003 at 06:44 AM said:
Like if it's 122,296 bytes, you open in notepad and type the number before everything?
LOL :lol:

woogal > thanks, I'm going to test that

Last edited by a moderator:
Back