Rubber Coating For The Joypad

abigsmurf

I've just used the Plasti-Dip on my stick.

It does greatly improve the grip and with it the amount of travel you need to do to press a direction doesn't seem as bad when you've a better grip. It took about 4 coats for me to get a coat thick enough to feel confident in it lasting (although the rubber does seem quite resistant). It took 5 minutes between coats and then an hour afterwards for it all to set. It's possibly not work 15quid for just using on the GP2X (unless the lack of grip really bothers you that much) but if there're other things you'd want to dip in it, it's probably worth it

I'm now trying to figure out how to improve the stick so it behaves as well in every direction as it does when the stick is slightly pulled out.

The word on the street is...
if you cut the plastic part of your joystick shorter or even shave the shaft down with a knife you get better results.

but the original stick will touch the sides if you make the shaft shorter , on it's original position, if you push it on a border, the "mushroom" will be 0.5mm from the GP2X's casing, if you push firmly you can even manage to softly TOUCH it, so you have to remove quite a big part of the mushroom to achieve this mod, personally since i have only one original stick i wouldn't experiment :D

You should post some pictures of that plasti-dipped joystick.

but def. not the custom condom/willie.

wf.

Jarska333 posted on Dec 7 2005 at 11:07 PM said:
Word of advice, making one's own, custom condoms by dipping your willy into the dip, is not advisable. Just buy bigger ones, like I did. B)

Ouch...

Now thats what I call solvent abuse... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarska333 posted on Dec 7 2005 at 06:07 PM said:
Word of advice, making one's own, custom condoms by dipping your willy into the dip, is not advisable. Just buy bigger ones, like I did. B)

The only problem with this is that you remove a lot of hair trying to get it to come off. But the rubber does help with traction in the mud. ;)

reaper79 posted on Dec 7 2005 at 08:52 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Dec 7 2005 at 06:07 PM said:

The only problem with this is that you remove a lot of hair trying to get it to come off. But the rubber does help with traction in the mud. ;)
lolz
eeewwwwww
i am actually laughing out loud.

Saxton_boy posted on Dec 8 2005 at 01:37 AM said:
Jarska333 posted on Dec 7 2005 at 11:07 PM said:

Ouch...

Now thats what I call solvent abuse... :lol:

fishybawb posted on Dec 8 2005 at 01:10 AM said:
You bought a bigger willy? :blink: From what I hear, it was long overdue :D :p

:( Who would have thunk solvent actually dissolves things. I thought it would solve problems, like [*I AM STUPID SPAMMER*].

But, it was cheap, and better than ever. Except for the color... But I quess they just don't have 15 inchers in "Caucasian". :huh:

Back