RTS Touch Controls

sparkymark79

Hello,

I was thinking about what it would be like to play RTS on Pandora - if there was a good one to play and I thought these would be good RTS touchscreen controls. What do you think? - apologies if somebody else has mentioned similar controls before:

Long press (in actuality <1sec), then drag or touch at widest point to create circle of interest (Point A)

Short press = point B or select item

Quick drag will move around playing field

edited to include "touchscreen"

Last edited by a moderator:
There are PS1 ports of warcraft and warzone2100 i think. they are quite playable.

Strategus Android port did a good job of giving Warcraft II touch screen controls.. I remember Pickle, Notaz or some other wizard of the Pandora had a port of it unofficially somewhere but it crashed a bit if I recall.

Found it.. no PND.. just an executable.. If I recall it's using an old version of stratagus, so you need to download an older version of regular X86 version strategus use the tools to extract the data from the DOS CD of Warcraft 2...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54815-stratagus-wargus/page__hl__wargus

I should try a build with the current release.. but if I remember it was a pain to compile even on a regular x86 Linux.

Although the last time I tried this was on my regular 256MB Pandora, perhaps a rebirth Pandora may be less crash prone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back